TennisForum.com - View Single Post - Mirjana's fall 2013 campaign

View Single Post

Old Sep 24th, 2013, 06:21 PM   #4
country flag mikireturns

mikireturns has a brilliant future mikireturns has a brilliant future mikireturns has a brilliant future mikireturns has a brilliant future mikireturns has a brilliant future mikireturns has a brilliant future mikireturns has a brilliant future mikireturns has a brilliant future mikireturns has a brilliant future mikireturns has a brilliant future mikireturns has a brilliant future
Re: Mirjana's fall 2013 campaign

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kathy Rinaldi View Post
^^ Duval and Simmonds didnt play in NYC. Both qualified. Simmonds took Scheepers to three sets in the first round of main draw.
Had to scour the memory banks (there might have been beer "involved" during any and all Open watching this year) but, yeah, right you are.

I was confusing Taylor Townsend with Victoria Duval and the thing I couldn't believe most about the Townsend clash with Simmonds was that Simmonds managed to actually win it against an inspired but sadly choking and seriously physically inhibited Townsend, who, bless her heart, was possibly carrying a baby during the match.

[Excursus: Did anyone get a load of TT's coach, Zina Garrison, in the stands during the match? Wonderful Zina looked like she had eaten Brie Whitehead on some focaccia bread with a side of Mayo (Hibi) before the match! Oh. But I digress. Or "excurse," as stated.]

Anyhow, Taylor very nearly put the brakes on Chanel's qualifying run in that match, and ought to have beaten her. I was far more impressed with Taylor, despite her fitness issues, than I was with Simmonds, who is pesky but not powerful, by any shake of the proverbial stick.

Even so, if Simmonds took Scheepers to three sets in the Open main draw (I did not know that, either), then Miki needs to be all over this girl from the start and bring some actual game, to boot. No mucking about.

Thanks for the correction, Rinaldi. I can almost believe that you did indeed attract far more flirtations and steamy lesbitarian romantic overtures than Chris or even that matchstick Carling Bassett, back in the day. Get thee to a commentator's booth. You gots yourself a good memory, thar.
mikireturns is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote