TennisForum.com - View Single Post - Mirjana's fall 2013 campaign

View Single Post

Old Sep 24th, 2013, 03:35 PM   #2
country flag mikireturns

mikireturns has a brilliant future mikireturns has a brilliant future mikireturns has a brilliant future mikireturns has a brilliant future mikireturns has a brilliant future mikireturns has a brilliant future mikireturns has a brilliant future mikireturns has a brilliant future mikireturns has a brilliant future mikireturns has a brilliant future mikireturns has a brilliant future
Re: Mirjana's fall 2013 campaign

So similar to her quarter (which ended up being more like her "half") of the draw in Albuquerque. I watched Simmonds play Victoria Duval in qualifying during the US Open and wasn't particularly impressed with either of them. In fact, I was shocked when Duval actually managed to upset Stosur, which was really just a bit more of an implosion than an upset. Both Duval and Simmonds struck me as cautious, youthful pusher-types and neither has a serve to save their lives. Simmonds switched to a bigger frame early in July because she was having trouble coping with power from more experienced players and big hitters, and ... promptly lost a Challenger round to (insert wobbly drum roll) A. Stevenson, who got waxed by Mayo Hibi in the following round.

This young lady, Simmonds, however, is appreciably more pesky off-the-ground than Hsu, which might give Miki more of a chance to find some rhythm, instead of just flying off the handle every on shot without anything to really "play" against, as she appeared to do against Hsu. By rights, she ought to crush Simmonds, but after last week I think I'll just wish her tons of luck, hope she's been practicing madly (and perhaps even meditating) and wish her a hearty "Ajmo!"

(Frankly, I think all it will take is for someone to whisper in her ear: "Ya know, Miki, Sexy Lexy beat this kid 2 and 1 back in July," and that'll scare Miki into a win)
mikireturns is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote