TennisForum.com - View Single Post - OPPA GANGNAM STYLE! - Asian Hardcourt Swing Cheering Thread

View Single Post

Old Sep 23rd, 2013, 06:42 PM   #102
country flag RobCic

RobCic is a name known to all RobCic is a name known to all RobCic is a name known to all RobCic is a name known to all RobCic is a name known to all RobCic is a name known to all RobCic is a name known to all RobCic is a name known to all RobCic is a name known to all RobCic is a name known to all RobCic is a name known to all
Re: OPPA GANGNAM STYLE! - Asian Hardcourt Swing Cheering Thread

I just wanted to state that I didn't say I wasn't worried. Just not anymore so than before. I believe she has improved mentally (although not physically) and a match like this cannot be the deciding factor on her fighting spirit.

Also I do believe she can improve movement and I really want her to. Not just moving but also ROS and positioning when her own serve is returned to her. Everything to do with speed really! I state that in practically every post about Laura lol because it feels to me like the main thing she needs to get all the parts in place.
In my previous post I just mentioned that I don't know if its something she can improve much. Meaning drastic improvement. Not like Stephens or anything but just be average/bit above average. It could be that it takes her much more work to be slightly fitter/faster than it does others. I actually hope she isn't a good mover because she doesn't work hard much more than because she isn't able to or it is too hard for her.
E.g. Taylor Townsend looks much more unfit than Laura who actually looks quite healthy. Even then from watching her, she looks faster than Robson.

Totally agree with people finding out Laura's weaknesses and winning more easily though. Something else to think about unfortunately. Mainly backhand and movement is the target. Only reason backhand is exposed is because of movement. When it comes to forehand she can still produce shots on the run but its much harder for her with the backhand.

Also I'm not completely sure on this one but I don't think she's using the lefty serve for all its worth. Watching Kerber, she doesn't put as much pace it seems but really gets the swing out wide taking the opponent out of court and being there ready to deliver the return (if it is returned) to the other side of the court for a winner. This is a really useful play for Robson in my opinion and so badly want her to use it more.
RobCic is online now View My Blog!   Reply With Quote