TennisForum.com - View Single Post - OPPA GANGNAM STYLE! - Asian Hardcourt Swing Cheering Thread

View Single Post

Old Sep 23rd, 2013, 06:20 PM   #101
country flag guichard

guichard has a brilliant future guichard has a brilliant future guichard has a brilliant future guichard has a brilliant future guichard has a brilliant future guichard has a brilliant future guichard has a brilliant future guichard has a brilliant future guichard has a brilliant future guichard has a brilliant future guichard has a brilliant future
Re: OPPA GANGNAM STYLE! - Asian Hardcourt Swing Cheering Thread

Quote:
Originally Posted by BodyElectric. View Post
Exactly my thoughts, she collected a bulk of points last year which enabled her to remain around the Top 50/40 mark and the seeding was mainly due to Bartoli's retirement and Sharapova withdrawing.. she just hung on to it.

The slumping period was acceptable as she was just finding form. But now? There's no excuse.

As I said before all those losses should have gave her a wake up call and it's made no difference. She's back to where she was again earlier this year. Morita was on a losing streak and this was her first match back since New Haven. If Laura had great court mentality she would make Morita stay out there longer, not sulk and give the match away so easily. (second set)

She needs to change her attitude on court first of all. The more she sulks and moans, the better for her opponent. She's had periods of progression throughout the summer but she should be playing good tennis right now. Use all those losses as experience, but Laura doesn't seem the type to learn from her mistakes.

Maybe when Genie overtakes her in the rankings she may care. She's got a WC into Osaka too. Not sure if that'll make a difference though.
Humm she still would have been seeded, she was #32 after Cincinnati
guichard is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote