TennisForum.com - View Single Post - OPPA GANGNAM STYLE! - Asian Hardcourt Swing Cheering Thread

View Single Post

Old Sep 23rd, 2013, 12:41 PM   #93
country flag KeysisGOAT

KeysisGOAT has a brilliant future KeysisGOAT has a brilliant future KeysisGOAT has a brilliant future KeysisGOAT has a brilliant future KeysisGOAT has a brilliant future KeysisGOAT has a brilliant future KeysisGOAT has a brilliant future KeysisGOAT has a brilliant future KeysisGOAT has a brilliant future KeysisGOAT has a brilliant future KeysisGOAT has a brilliant future
Re: OPPA GANGNAM STYLE! - Asian Hardcourt Swing Cheering Thread

Well, I'm glad I stayed asleep, rather than watching the match. Probably would have annoyed me.

Quote:
Originally Posted by guichard View Post
Yeah it seems like it. Her and Watson( I know she was sick) didn't progress this year
I disagree about Laura's progression, to an extent. She's been doing a lot of the same things that drove us mad last year, but where previously she wilted under pressure at times she's done better at the big events and has come through some hard matches where she was playing poorly. It's slow progress, but it's progress none the less.

Heather, yeah this has been a terrible year for her.

Quote:
Originally Posted by GOATson View Post
I'm not really more worried than before. Although she hasn't progressed much in terms of play, her ranking's still higher. It felt more like a survival year and she has gained a lot of experience. Like before i'm just really worried about movement though. I feel like that is the only thing holding her back in tennis but not sure if its something she can improve much. If she had a bit more time a lot of rushed shots with arms stretched would become bombs!
Bullshit. Laura will never move like Steffi or Kim, but if she put in the hard graft she could move a lot better. There's no such thing as not being able to improve something. Doing so requires hard work, commitment to improving it but it can always be done. The question is, whether Laura is willing to do stuff she doesn't enjoy because it's what she needs to do to reach the next level.

There is such a thing as it not being worthwhile to improve something, or it being more worthwhile to improve something else but most of us can agree Laura being able to play more balls from better positions would be good for her.
KeysisGOAT is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote