TennisForum.com - View Single Post - Music Thread

Thread: Music Thread
View Single Post

Old Sep 18th, 2013, 08:23 PM   #160
country flag DownInAHole

DownInAHole has a reputation beyond repute DownInAHole has a reputation beyond repute DownInAHole has a reputation beyond repute DownInAHole has a reputation beyond repute DownInAHole has a reputation beyond repute DownInAHole has a reputation beyond repute DownInAHole has a reputation beyond repute DownInAHole has a reputation beyond repute DownInAHole has a reputation beyond repute DownInAHole has a reputation beyond repute DownInAHole has a reputation beyond repute
Re: Music Thread

I'm still waiting on the Sand in the Vaseline compilation but I picked up a couple of Talking Heads live albums (The Name of This Band Is Talking Heads and Stop Making Sense) and I am enjoying them. I didn't think they had this much funk in their sound, I guess I thought they were more "art rock."

Maybe I am hearing something that isn't there but it seems like they may have been an influence on Prince. Up to about 1985 he had a relatively small band (five members, excluding himself) but with the Parade tour he added horns, a second guitarist and backing vocalists kind of how the Talking Heads augmented their sound circa 1980-1981.

Rock 'n' Roll Is Alive! (And It Lives In Minneapolis)
DownInAHole is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote