TennisForum.com - View Single Post - Alexandra Dulgheru!!!

View Single Post

Old Sep 18th, 2013, 05:45 AM   #3885
country flag Curcubeu

Curcubeu has a reputation beyond repute Curcubeu has a reputation beyond repute Curcubeu has a reputation beyond repute Curcubeu has a reputation beyond repute Curcubeu has a reputation beyond repute Curcubeu has a reputation beyond repute Curcubeu has a reputation beyond repute Curcubeu has a reputation beyond repute Curcubeu has a reputation beyond repute Curcubeu has a reputation beyond repute Curcubeu has a reputation beyond repute
Re: Alexandra Dulgheru!!!

I usually don't use the word 'weaponless' when referring to tennis players, but in case of Arrua... it's the most accurate description I can think of. I can't see a Top 100 player losing to her if it's not for piling up unforced errors. However, this was exactly what Alexandra was doing.

One of those matches were you actually want both players to lose. Simply hideous, although the flat camera perspective and both players' abolute lack of any power that forced them to use some nice junk at times (and still missing regularly) made it look better than it was.

Alexandra started her match losing serve in about 1 minute with 4 UEs in a row that would make Sorana jealous. She seemed lackluster and unfocused.
Got into rhythm in the second set, but was also supported by the Spanish girl who now seemed to start missing more herself.

Final set saw both girls grinding it out in cross court battels until one would eventually break down and in the end it was Alexandra who gifted the match with some sloppy shots. She actually lost it already on the return game before where she was missing the most basic returns for no reason.

I don't know if it was just an off-day, but that was quite terrible.

Last edited by Curcubeu : Sep 18th, 2013 at 05:51 AM.
Curcubeu is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote