TennisForum.com - View Single Post - Your tennis results?!

View Single Post

Old Sep 15th, 2013, 08:00 PM   #1427
country flag Proflyer98

Proflyer98 has much to be proud of Proflyer98 has much to be proud of Proflyer98 has much to be proud of Proflyer98 has much to be proud of Proflyer98 has much to be proud of Proflyer98 has much to be proud of Proflyer98 has much to be proud of Proflyer98 has much to be proud of Proflyer98 has much to be proud of Proflyer98 has much to be proud of Proflyer98 has much to be proud of
Re: Your tennis results?!

I recently played a tournament this weekend U-16. Im 15, and i was playing like a 2/5 star tournament. I lost my opening round to 127 (out of 400) 6-3 6-0. It was really bad, I could have beaten him. He was just pushing the ball back and he only made like 3 unforced errors while he made like 3 winners. I on the other hand was very inconsistent because im nervous when i play ranked people. I don't know whats wrong with me, with my horrible mentality in going into matches with ranked people. Anyway I lost that, but I got to play consolations because we were guaranteed 2 matches at least. So i go into my match on Saturday thinking im gonna play a ranked person. But i get someone who has lost 4 matches in a row. Besides that im still nervous but I go and after I won my first service game I started feeling more comfortable and confident with my game. The kid was kinda bad, and I beat him 6-1 6-3. I still made many errors but like 10 times less. So i was relatively happy. But i didn't get any ranking points because he wasn't ranked. (Stupid Canadian ranking system). Anyway I won that match and today I came to the consolation finals playing a kid who had won 5 matches and lost 7. He was ranked like 250 out of 400 and I was really scared. I started liek warm up with him because we have like 10 minutes warmup. I realize that the kid is horrible and can't hit backhand and there forehand is very flat. Anyway I go into the match still scared but I got broken to love. I immediately broke back and then held for 2-1. He then held for 2-2. I then got broken again so it was 3-2 for him. I broke back again. I was just losing so many games because i was so scared to hit it hard. Anyway he was like a year older than me btw. So its 3-3 and I hold for the first time for 4-3. Then I broke him for 5-3 and I was serving for the set and got broken for a third time. At this point I was furious and played really tactically. He liked coming to the net and hitting volleys. So he would hit like a drop shot and then come to net. Im relatively fast so i get there and then I lob him and he is horrible at hitting overheads. He was like 6ft 2in btw. So I kept using this play everytime he went to net, and I got like 20 winners of just lobbing. Anyway its 5-4 and then I break to get the set 6-4. After that, I lost my opening service game. Then he won his. so it was 2-0 for him. I hold for 2-1. He holds for 3-1. I hold for 3-2. And then i broke him for 3-3. I got my service game for 4-3. He then held for 4-4 and then broke me to love. So it was 5-4 him. He served out the set for 6-4. I was furious because I could have easily won this like 6-4 6-2. But anyways we go to a third set and its not a set its like a tiebreaker up to ten like in doubles for wta. Anyway, I start off with an ace for 1-0. Then it went 2-0, 3-0, 4-0, 4-1, 5-1, 6-2, 6-3, 7-3, 8-4, 9-4, 10-4. So I won the consols. And now im officially gonna get ranked!!!! IVe been trying to get the ranking for so long. Anyway, overall it was a really good experience but I need to work on my mentality, thats all, (plus my game) BTW the consols final was today, like 2 hours ago!!
Vesna Dolonc
Aleksandra Krunic
Jovana Jaksic
Proflyer98 is online now View My Blog!   Reply With Quote