TennisForum.com - View Single Post - ♥ The Chak Fans Chat Thread v.2 ♥

View Single Post

Old Sep 14th, 2013, 09:11 PM   #1219
country flag Jason A.

Jason A. is a splendid one to behold Jason A. is a splendid one to behold Jason A. is a splendid one to behold Jason A. is a splendid one to behold Jason A. is a splendid one to behold Jason A. is a splendid one to behold Jason A. is a splendid one to behold Jason A. is a splendid one to behold Jason A. is a splendid one to behold Jason A. is a splendid one to behold Jason A. is a splendid one to behold
Re: ♥ Off topic ♥ The Chak fans chat thread v.2 ♥

Quote:
Originally Posted by HowardH View Post
Hopefully the WTA gets their act together and puts a proper tribute to Anna on their website.
I'm pretty sure that the WTA would make an announcement about her retirement. They've made announcements for retiring players whose careers were less successful than hers, so I don't see any reason why they wouldn't do the same for Anna. However, I doubt that they will make any sort of announcement until they receive official notification of her retirement from Anna herself. As far as I understand it, if a retiring player wants their playing status changed from 'active' to 'retired', it's necessary for them to give that instruction to the WTA. However, I don't think that players are under any sort of obligation to notify the WTA when they retire, so some players never go that extra step when they quit the sport.
Jason A. is offline View My Blog!