TennisForum.com - View Single Post - » Off Topic - Mona fans chat thread »

View Single Post

Old Sep 14th, 2013, 09:05 AM   #1089
country flag Tecumseh

Tecumseh has a brilliant future Tecumseh has a brilliant future Tecumseh has a brilliant future Tecumseh has a brilliant future Tecumseh has a brilliant future Tecumseh has a brilliant future Tecumseh has a brilliant future Tecumseh has a brilliant future Tecumseh has a brilliant future Tecumseh has a brilliant future Tecumseh has a brilliant future
Re: » Off Topic - Mona fans chat thread » ♥ BVB are the SuperCup Champs ♥

Quote:
Originally Posted by Setsuna. View Post
Thanks Heiko. Yup, I still have Mona at least. Hope she won't be forced to retire like Anna or her sister.
From what i read, Mona's sister had to retire very soon in her young career because of a shoulder injury and had only played a few ITF tournaments. She was a left-hander and according to an official of her home club she was regarded as more talented than her young sister (i am pretty sure that Mona got underestimated during her youth).

So if you look at this story, you can say that Anna at least could enjoy a lot of very nice moments in her career by winning 8 WTA-titles. Unfortunately she could not fulfil all of her potential. I personally think that the brutal robbery in her home at the peak of her career in 2007 had a much bigger influence on her career than all her injuries, but that's just my opinion.

I am not quite sure whether Mona can become some sort of a successor because Anna's talent was huge. But at least she won in Hobart and in Paris, just like Anna did.

Do you know what Anna is going to do now?