TennisForum.com - View Single Post - Anett Kontaveit

Thread: Anett Kontaveit
View Single Post

Old Sep 14th, 2013, 06:52 AM   #2123
country flag chingching

chingching has a reputation beyond repute chingching has a reputation beyond repute chingching has a reputation beyond repute chingching has a reputation beyond repute chingching has a reputation beyond repute chingching has a reputation beyond repute chingching has a reputation beyond repute chingching has a reputation beyond repute chingching has a reputation beyond repute chingching has a reputation beyond repute chingching has a reputation beyond repute
Re: Anett Kontaveit

Quote:
Originally Posted by muusa View Post
Today both matches are on court 3 so we should be able to see her playing. Tinjic is winnable surely, but Anett is so up and down all the time, quite impossible to predict anything. 24 points is nice, but she is defending 14 from Yoshkar-Ola soon, so getting some more would be of help.

Btw, I checked the last year's seedings cut-offs for Australian 25k-s in Sept-Oct, it was like 300+ everywhere. Is there any reason it should be different this year..
A few reasons. First of all, Australia has a history of putting 25s in the most obscure and isolated locations such as Port Pirie where travel costs are more expensive then just getting to Australia so they are less popular. This tournament is in Perth, a big city with a large airport and is therefore quite accessible from Europe. To add to this, there are 2 50Ks this year in a row in the same place meaning that this is a good lead up. They are the reasons why I think they will be stronger. And the Priorities indicate that.

I agree that Tinjic is winnable but she is in decent form and just 3 days ago Anett barely got passed a much lower ranked Italian... Still, it is very possible for Anett to reach that final

Kaia hit 24 Aces (the WTA record) vs Safarova Tokyo Round 1 2008
chingching is online now View My Blog!   Reply With Quote