TennisForum.com - View Single Post - Anna officially retires from professional tennis

View Single Post

Old Sep 12th, 2013, 06:33 AM   #6
country flag Melange

Melange has a reputation beyond repute Melange has a reputation beyond repute Melange has a reputation beyond repute Melange has a reputation beyond repute Melange has a reputation beyond repute Melange has a reputation beyond repute Melange has a reputation beyond repute Melange has a reputation beyond repute Melange has a reputation beyond repute Melange has a reputation beyond repute Melange has a reputation beyond repute
Re: Anna officially retires from professional tennis

Announce the end of a career is sometimes difficult . Anastasia Myskina and Dinara Safina still have not been able to say it out loud , even though all are well aware that their return to the court is unlikely. Anna Chakvetadze is on it was solved .

BACK

- I do not see myself more in professional tennis , so ready to say my career is over - the beginning of the conversation two-time winner of the Federation Cup for Team Russia . - Of course , it was a difficult decision , I have to suffer a little myself , but now finally matured . Because I realized that the point of return of tennis will not be - she was left behind. I have a chronic back injury that you want - you do not want , and would stop over career. So I decided to stop and try something else . A new life .

- When I first gave themselves known back problems ?

- In 2011 . After a seven-month break I started training again , and my body was totally unprepared. Against the background of physical activities and I was injured , which only worsened the course of next season. And it happened during class PFD when I threw the ball. Itself at the time felt that it was not ready physically and from the desire to quickly dial condition, probably overworked . For myself, I then realized that the most dangerous injuries that can affect the career of an athlete , we get during physical education classes .

- After receiving this injury , you do not think that it will become chronic ?

- No . Always looking to the future with optimism , and felt that I could get rid of all the problems. But to the extent that , as relapses occurred regularly , optimism diminished. And then it just got tired . During the period saw a number of doctors who are constantly telling me different things. I understand that it is their job , but I still like concrete - they are cured or not. And just a reality and was not. The doctors said , ' Let's try hormone injections, but we do not know how you'll feel in six months . " But after all tennis players need a full-fledged career . And do something with the idea - what if in six months you will be even worse , I was not ready. So I decided not to risk his health completely.

- What you have been diagnosed ?

- Herniated cervical and lumbar spine . I still have doctors advised upload back. I started to do it, and it became like better. But then came the tournament started to play well and I felt that back pain again . So to play a hundred percent did not, despite the fact that I felt that gradually gaining shape . Well, in this situation , what is the opportunity to continue to play on the strength of one - two games ? You just yourself and your team all that torment . After all, it is very difficult to give , including psychologically . You do not you come to a competition to lose in the first or second round . So I realized as I do not want to go on living .

- Operation doctors suggested ?

- No . It was about the only hormone injections .

- You have experienced the pain of filing or blow ?

- When the twisting motions that are needed in tennis ever . I completely stopped feeling his bekhend , and generally it is in the left side of me were very difficult to unwind . And at the back did not bother applying .

- In ordinary life feel uncomfortable ?

- Once in September 2012, I returned home from his last tournament in a career in Tashkent , then back hurt badly . I lay there a few weeks at home in a special belt, as the doctors advised me to at least movements. But all this , of course, did not help. I then supported the parents and friends . The last general constantly coming and brought various goodies - cakes, pastries ... I immediately corrected on a few pounds . First, I could not move , and even such food has been around ( laughs). During the day, I could eat the whole cake , plus a first-second and compote. I do not know good or bad, but it was so.

Of course, in reality no one close to the end did not know how rotten I felt at that moment. I just do not like to put things like that on the show. But no matter what their support was pleasant to me . On the other hand, it was hard to realize that I 'm never going to play tennis.

Then I had to start doing special exercises and treated like a normal life back ache stopped . Except in specific cases , when for example, I 'm sitting for a long time . I even now play a bit of tennis . Quietly , for myself , but still. Although the professional training of speech, of course , is not.

- A lot of tears shed in the days of home confinement ?

- I'm not crying . Experienced depression, so to speak. I would like to see no one and nothing to do . There was apathy . At that time, most of all I wanted to be left alone in peace with itself. Then another very often showed tennis on TV, I looked and thought : Now I want to take a paddle and play ... It's an amazing feeling when you do not what you can, and this want more .

- And when was the decision that it is time once again to see the light ?

- When I realized that I was lying , and nothing I did not pass. And then I started going to the doctors with the hope that with their help, even in ordinary life will move normally. I was told that it is necessary to swim , even though I can not stand it . But I had to - and like it became better.

- In 2011, you have repeatedly fainted right on the court. Why ?

- At a tournament in Dubai in the match against Wozniacki was just an unfortunate situation . All pile up on one day come together . None of the doctors still did not understand , I was told to relax a bit and be patient . But I do in those days, earache , for which at that time no one paid attention. Although I have talked to doctors about it. But we have to go round the fight against doping , and we can not drop his ears - is prohibited. So I said, Pokapaysya his nose a bit of sea water. In the end, all exacerbated to such an extent that the fainting was repeated in Stuttgart. A little later, have , at last , doctors realized that I was originally otitis inner ear , and then went complication. I treated all that long , but then again before the operation is not reached. Now everything is fine.

CAREER

- Do you own careers than in the first place comes to mind now ?

- Its inception . Particularly remember my first US Open in 2004 , the year ( Chakvetadze then entered the main draw of the qualifying, then defeated Barbara Schett and current Roland Garros champion Anastasia Myskina - approx . VL ) . I then was a little 17 -year-old girl, and it was quite emotional. And then somehow it all went downhill ride .

- And remember winning the " Kremlin Cup " -2006 emotional and away match in the Fed Cup against Israel in 2008?

- Of course, that too. But it is always because you want more. Tennis - it's a sport where you spend the tournament, win it and feel the utter devastation . It seems that you have done, but you put a trophy on a shelf , and it all starts over again. Do you remember what you've won ? Yes. But there's always more you look forward than back .

- Do you regret that I never did get to play at the 2008 Olympics ?

- No, because I was totally unprepared for that tournament. And just to go to the Olympics and play in the first round would be wrong , even in relation to our other girls. Still, the competition at the time was very large , since almost four Russians were at that time in the top ten. And given that we end up in Beijing the podium in the women's singles have taken, even a good thing I did not go ( laughs). Besides, I know the players , for whom the Olympics was more important than the "Grand Slam " and they won the game . But for me the Olympics were not something big and ambitious. However, and to the " Grand Slam " I could not even reach the final, even though I really wanted to do it.

- That is a semi- US Open- 2007 with Svetlana Kuznetsova you look back now with trepidation ?

- Yes. But I think more about it from a negative point of view. Why ? Because it did not win . Of course , to get to the four it is a great achievement , but agree that to reach the final - much better. This is a completely different status . Semifinalists very much, but who remembers them all ? This was my chance , but I have not used it. And the worst thing in tennis - this is when you're not playing an important match , and your opponent is played the same way. That is, you eventually lose disgusting in itself the match. To yield an interesting fight, to fight when you're playing well , and your opponent 's great - it's a shame though , but more pleasant.

- In the semi-final and you and Kuznetsova played poorly ?

- Yes. And then that wind ... Match was disgusting for the semifinals of "Grand Slam" . Although my friends after the fight wondered: " Why are you upset ? " . And I answered - you do not understand . I really wanted to reach the final.

- Tennis tour was the way you and him, and represented?

- I did not think about it. Just went out to play tennis, and I did not care what there will be people . It seemed an afterthought. It was important to go to court and quietly win their match . But the defeat calmly turned quite rare ( laughs).

- You were very emotional on the court. It's more from the Pope or from your mom ?

- I have them both extremely emotional , so it's hard to tell from anyone else . But I just loud from dad ( laughs).

- Without tennis , as you now spewing emotion ?

- It's hard ( laughs). Normal life is given to me is very difficult, because I have many emotions that I usually splashed on the court. And it has been seen ( laughs). And now I realize that if every day I walk to work, I will have accumulated a lot of negative or positive , are nowhere to throw . So I quietly to himself started playing tennis and I felt a little more comfortable . Well, at least something . Of course, in my life I quieter and calmer than on the court. But it is better not to anger me ( smiles). I do not think that if you are emotional on the court , in ordinary life, be at peace . All this is an indication of your personality . So I can not call myself quite calm.

- You can easily go to the contact with people? Because I personally think that you are sufficiently covered.

- When engaged in tennis, then it was: I was closed and there was a Saami . And now I realized that I like to communicate with people , and they even like me .

- Closeness was conditioned only by your desire to focus on tennis ?

- Yes. I understand that it's a little weird , and probably more players have to talk to journalists , but to me all these press conferences so hard to give. You just can not imagine . I thought , how can I improve my forehand , that it needs to be changed , and at this point I asked some questions . And I answered, " Yes, What ? " . Completely different thoughts in my head were then . For me, the result has always been important , but what 's going on off the court - cameras, shooting and so on - it's not mine . Of course, it is important for the sport and its promotion , I understand it now , but I can say that getting pleasure from it during a career .

- You have revised their matches ?

- Yes. And sometimes I do not understand how I was able to show such good results. I once talked with Marat Safin , and he says: " I watched the recording from a victorious Australian Open, so I did not get quite right . Do not know how I did it won something ." So I have the same series .

- You have something to beat in his career ?

- His attitude to health. Now I understand that it is impossible to exhaust yourself . And then it seemed to me that the poor health self-will . Like, it's not global , so I 'll be trained and everything will be fine. Although in principle I feel very good to your body. Perhaps , with age, must often pay attention to the bells , which gives us the body . And I now realize that it is better nedotrenirovatsya than overtrain .

LIFE

- How is your father Jamal took the decision to end your career? I still have the picture in front of his eyes as he stands next to one of the courts of Wimbledon and nervously smoking while you play .

- I told him about this before, and he supported me . Dad said that if the back hurts , it means that the problem is solved by itself. The fact that I went there with him for his last tournament, and he could see that happening to me. He is very upset and said, " Anne, if all this way, it is better to not have to continue ."

- But he misses the fact that it was ?

- He and I have not discussed it , but I think he misses . He loves tennis. In general, my parents are constantly watching broadcast television . I used to think that they love the sport just because of me, but it turned out that there is no ( laughs). It is sad . I have a younger brother, so my father is engaged them and their business. In the country there are court and on the weekends they spend there any matches .

- That is your famous home court was empty ?

- No . Generally this site with history, because initially there was a concrete court, then compactor. After that, it all turned into a football field for his brother. But when it became clear that it is not all fun again made ​​court - with hardovom coating.

- This court is located in the very house in which the winter of 2007 at night burglars broke ?

- Yes.

- That story you have changed a lot ?

- After that, I got an absolutely disastrous season . Just robbed me at the wrong time ( laughs). After all, at that time was to take preparation for the season . And I've already signed a contract with the WTA Tour, I had obligations to the association , according to which I was to speak at certain events. So I played , even though I did not have , such as training, and I was not in shape. So yes - it's affected my future career .

- As for the change from a human point of view?

- Influenced so. I revealed things I had never known before . Became deeper look into the essence of things ... (pause ) . I do not like injustice , but , unfortunately, in our world it exists. But what happened is what happened . Perhaps if all of this did not happen, at the moment I would have been different . I honestly thought at the time of the attack , there is everything for us , and will end, but we all survived . So fine - we live on.

- You talk about it with a slight smile , but I can not help feeling that you are still the whole story from him was not released . So it ?

- It's hard to say. I do not think that psychologically it all still weighs on me . Maybe then a few days there was some stress. Probably , though I have let this situation but , of course, she did still not pleasant. But first, it was a long time ago ... I will say this: I do not like the fact that people who do bad things in relation to the others, then live in peace . I believe that if you do something wrong, it should bear some responsibility for it .

- Robbers have not found it?

- No .

- And parents continue to live in this house?

- Yes. It seems to be an unpleasant sensation is gone, but I do not like this house . There a long drive and so on. Do not get any pleasure and come back just because my parents live there . If they were not there , I would not go there .

- Do not ask them to move?

- Tell them about it. But they felt that they wanted to live there in the future. I did not insist and moved by herself. Now I live in the city and to me it is much more convenient.

- After attacking your family become more cautious ?

- Parents are still closed for eight locks. Of course, the security of the system is now much better , because in the past was almost nothing . Yes, I myself became more cautious . But the man is so made , you can not think on a particular topic , as long as you personally, it's somehow not hurt .

- The story of the attack - not the only trouble that happened to you in those years ...

- Yes. In 2006, the year the day after I won the " Kremlin Cup " we drove the car . We then went with his father to one designer to take the clothes , as I was scheduled television shooting . We went to the store just for 15-20 minutes, get out , and no car . I then flashed only one thought: "I hope that it took the tow truck ." But it turned out that the car was stolen . As a result, it is also not found . A year later, something happened with the attack on the house . But most of us , nothing happened ( laughs).

- You have decided that you want to do after his career ?

- Not until the end . First of all , I want to try their hand at coaching . Plus I started to comment on the Tennis TV and I like it. Any thoughts on specific projects, but I have not yet fully codified it in his head. So I do not know how in the end everything will look like. I am currently a freelance artist , but I want to build a system. You see , for me, a very important result because I do not like to work for nothing. I want to see , well I 'm doing something or not. Here, for example , commenting on the tennis, I just get pleasure from the fact that the watch matches , express some of his thoughts and learning the craft from the good people .

- By coaching you already started ?

- Yes. Started to practice with a junior one . In another way, I looked at the tennis? Definitely . And I was wondering all this , I began to analyze their mistakes. I have in my career have been different coaches, but our cooperation is mainly produced short-lived. Probably because of my character , and competing visions . And now I'm wondering ideas to try on someone else. See , you get it or not. Of course, for all of this takes time , but the thought and knowledge that I would like to convey - is.

- Last question traditional , what do you advise young tennis players ?

- You can play good tennis, but if the player has no character, he will never achieve good results. Now I understand this very clearly. On the tour, about two thousand players , and each of them can find something. Someone has speed , someone feeding or separate strike . But if you're not prepared to fight to the end, in some cases even to step over something and I can not go through , it is better not do this . It should be very hard to love what you're doing. And while everyone has to be very big motivation . If not , it's hard to be a good athlete.
Melange is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote