TennisForum.com - View Single Post - Off Topic....Anything Goes vol5

View Single Post

Old Sep 10th, 2013, 01:24 AM   #1711
country flag dsanders06
-PREMIUM MEMBER-

dsanders06 has a reputation beyond repute dsanders06 has a reputation beyond repute dsanders06 has a reputation beyond repute dsanders06 has a reputation beyond repute dsanders06 has a reputation beyond repute dsanders06 has a reputation beyond repute dsanders06 has a reputation beyond repute dsanders06 has a reputation beyond repute dsanders06 has a reputation beyond repute dsanders06 has a reputation beyond repute dsanders06 has a reputation beyond repute
Re: Off Topic....Anything Goes vol5

Quote:
Originally Posted by Icky80 View Post
That's really the only problem I have with Serena: her phoniness. I get that you can hardly ever directly say what you feel as an athlete, particularly in a non-team sport. But her fakery is so damn obvious it's almost comic. I appreciate that Maria is as honest as she can be.
Sometimes I almost feel bad for her because she seems so desperate to be embraced by tennis fans like most legends are in the twilight of their careers. Someone I know who was in the crowd for her match against Lisicki at Wimbledon said that, towards the end of the match, when the crowd was really behind Lisicki and cheering wildly on every one of Serena's errors, Serena was looking round at everyone and seemed to be almost in tears. And I still think her meltdown against Razzano at RG was in large part because of how hostile the crowd was. But, despite all her efforts to appear like a decent humanbeing, she just can't stop putting her foot in her mouth (e.g. the rape comments) when there's a slight sign people might be warming to her.
dsanders06 is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote