TennisForum.com - View Single Post - Serena fans Unite: Introduce Yourself

View Single Post

Old Apr 17th, 2004, 01:56 PM   #14
country flag SJW

SJW has a reputation beyond repute SJW has a reputation beyond repute SJW has a reputation beyond repute SJW has a reputation beyond repute SJW has a reputation beyond repute SJW has a reputation beyond repute SJW has a reputation beyond repute SJW has a reputation beyond repute SJW has a reputation beyond repute SJW has a reputation beyond repute SJW has a reputation beyond repute
hey guys

i was a casual fan during the Steffi days, i just remember if my mom was watching tennis, i would be supporting Steffi and Andre, and not care about anyone else. then i remember watching Martina lift wimby in 97, then i guess i stopped watching tennis.

it feels like ive watched Serena grow from an eager teenager to a beautiful and delightful young woman we didn't get much tennis coverage in Europe until after the sisters were doing well...amazing huh? i remember the hype about 2 sisters in tennis, so i knew about them, but didn't watch them. then came that day in 00 when they faced off in the Wimby semis. Britain was soooooooo hyped it was amazing. when Serena lost, it was the talk of my class, about how she looked so upset. i was thinking "i'm gonna watch the final so i have something to add". watched the final and was cheering on Venus...

then i went to Canada in August 00, and it's funny how that's the time of the Canadian Open. just flicking, i saw Serena playing Martina Hingis, someone i also had an interest in. it was amazing how Serena just wiped the court with martina for the first set, but then got injured my first full slam following her was the USO 00. i was so sad when she got thrashed by Linzi in the quarters

so i guess, the first match i sat down and watched from start to finish involving Serena was the Canadian Open final in 00
SJW is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote