TennisForum.com - View Single Post - Off Topic....Anything Goes vol5

View Single Post

Old Sep 9th, 2013, 01:15 PM   #1683
country flag domon17th

domon17th has a brilliant future domon17th has a brilliant future domon17th has a brilliant future domon17th has a brilliant future domon17th has a brilliant future domon17th has a brilliant future domon17th has a brilliant future domon17th has a brilliant future domon17th has a brilliant future domon17th has a brilliant future domon17th has a brilliant future
Re: Off Topic....Anything Goes vol5

I'll admit that wishing players not to win is an awful attitude towards sports, but like all of you here I just can't stomach Vika having 3 slams. So Sarin winning is a good result.

Quote:
Originally Posted by dsanders06 View Post
I still maintain that Maria is capable of doing most of the things that Azarenka does against Serena, but I do genuinely think Aza really spent a LOT of time during last offseason studying Serena and coming up with a thorough gameplan (there was just too dramatic an improvement in her tactics from her poor performance against ListlessRena at the YEC compared to her matches against her this year), and that's something Maria will have to do.
Yep. Look at how Vika struggled in Cincy and this USO and basically the whole 2013, but brought some of her best (relative) game against Sarin. Clear game plan, focused mind, and good execution, she has Sarin as her ultimate goal for 2013 and is inevitably inching closer to solving this riddle. Sumyk deserved more credit than he's given, while OTOH you have people like Mouratoglou...

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chrissie-fan View Post
Which is key. That's the way the game is going. Even on the mens side - Djokovic, Nadal, Murray - all of them are great on defense as well as attack.
Spot on. I really see that prototype now on both tours as represented by Djokovic and Vika.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chrissie-fan View Post
I'm not a big believer of the theory that Serena always "plays better" against Maria because of some personal grudge or something.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Cosmic Voices View Post
Y'all have to admit though, she goes all Jameka Williams on Martha's ass.
I used to think Sarin has lots of respect for Martha, hence that laser like focus against her. We all know how Martha can make a comeback if you give her an opening. But perhaps after the nth beatdown, Sarin is just too confident to even entertain the thought of losing games, much less matches against Martha
domon17th is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote