TennisForum.com - View Single Post - Irina-Camelia Begu Cheering Thread!

View Single Post

Old Sep 9th, 2013, 11:04 AM   #1836
country flag Curcubeu

Curcubeu has a reputation beyond repute Curcubeu has a reputation beyond repute Curcubeu has a reputation beyond repute Curcubeu has a reputation beyond repute Curcubeu has a reputation beyond repute Curcubeu has a reputation beyond repute Curcubeu has a reputation beyond repute Curcubeu has a reputation beyond repute Curcubeu has a reputation beyond repute Curcubeu has a reputation beyond repute Curcubeu has a reputation beyond repute
Re: Irina-Camelia Begu Cheering Thread!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fantasy Hero View Post
a complete shit festival I would say
And yet Irina-Camelia occassionally shows what she could be capable of if she bothers for once.

Anyway, peak WTA, peak Irina-Camelia. I honestly never lol'ed so hard at a match.

Blegu showed up early today with 3 DFs in that first game, couldn't even spin the ball into the court and looked if she couldn't really care less. Got the rebreak somehow and the show began:

ace followed by DF, world class return followed by forehand down the line missing my metres, smart play by wtf shot selection, choking by mental GOATing, one mess of a match. And that net game - lord have mercy.

That TB however (I mean no Begu classic without TB) was the cherry on the cake. First of all, line judges fucked up massively, another couple of DFs, 1-5 down.
It wouldn't be a 'real' Irina-Camelia TB if this one doesn't go the distance, so a couple of great points, UE Panova 6-6, epic rally to 7-6 followed up by obligatory DF.
The best thing was her reaction after that world class forehand on the run to set up the decisive SP. No screaming or anything just a sigh of relief and a 'it was about f*cking time' stare to her box.

Throughout the whole match her non-reactions on those really superb winners at times cracked me up. She really knows that she is playing at her absolute minimum right now and those points are more or less a drop in the ocean for her.

The 2nd set saw Panova imploding and Irina-Camelia showing glimpses of her serve. All those DFs wouldn't be half as tragic if those 2nd serves she actually gets over the net wouldn't be top class most of the time.

The hilarious thing watching her play is that you get the feeling she is just trolling. She can create powerful shots effortlessly and all of a sudden. This together with her lackluster posture in between points is really making it all seem so comical.

Everything, but absolutely everything mental in her game right now.
Curcubeu is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote