TennisForum.com - View Single Post - Danish Delight - Caroline Wozniacki thread - vol 6

View Single Post

Old Sep 7th, 2013, 10:51 AM   #5094
country flag Chrissie-fan
-LIFETIME MEMBER-

Chrissie-fan has a reputation beyond repute Chrissie-fan has a reputation beyond repute Chrissie-fan has a reputation beyond repute Chrissie-fan has a reputation beyond repute Chrissie-fan has a reputation beyond repute Chrissie-fan has a reputation beyond repute Chrissie-fan has a reputation beyond repute Chrissie-fan has a reputation beyond repute Chrissie-fan has a reputation beyond repute Chrissie-fan has a reputation beyond repute Chrissie-fan has a reputation beyond repute
Re: Danish Delight - Caroline Wozniacki thread - vol 6

Quote:
Originally Posted by Burisleif View Post
And she switched to a raquet built for more spin at the same time...

Personnaly I see lots of positives recently. I have no doubts she will regain some stability and start winning tournaments again. I'd be blind not to.

I lost a lot of respect for the idiots criticising her power back in the day... A look at her us Open 2010 vs Shugarova, she was painting the basline and going toe to toe. It was aparant then that a lot of fools just didn't understand the strengths of her game and it's simple beauty. Kind of like the 'Moneyball' game of the time, vindicated by the frequency she got to first base.
But unfortunately Caroline took them seriously. And it's easy enough to understand why she must have started having some doubts about her game. Not because of what some fruitcakes were saying on tennis forums like this one or the social media. But when all time greats such as Navratilova, Evert, Hingis, Davenport and so on all join in saying basically the same things it's only normal that she must have thought, "maybe they have a point." But you've got to work with what you've got. She will never have Serena's serve, Graf's forehand or Navratilova's volleying skills. But if she had stayed true to herself and continued to do what she does well chances are that that slam title would have come eventually. She's won premier mandatorys and premier 5's. If you can win those you can also win a major because despite what anyone might say a slam is just a premier mandatory that is played before a bigger audience - same opponents, same best of three sets format. Naysayers will say that the pressure at slams is bigger. Ok, well, that's to Caroline's advantage because 2009-2011 Caro was mentally one of the toughest cookies out there. Naysayers will say that players try harder at slams. BS - which player would think "I better tank here because it's "only" Indian Wells"?
Chrissie-fan is online now View My Blog!