TennisForum.com - View Single Post - Danish Delight - Caroline Wozniacki thread - vol 6

View Single Post

Old Sep 7th, 2013, 01:59 AM   #5092
country flag Burisleif

Burisleif has a reputation beyond repute Burisleif has a reputation beyond repute Burisleif has a reputation beyond repute Burisleif has a reputation beyond repute Burisleif has a reputation beyond repute Burisleif has a reputation beyond repute Burisleif has a reputation beyond repute Burisleif has a reputation beyond repute Burisleif has a reputation beyond repute Burisleif has a reputation beyond repute Burisleif has a reputation beyond repute
Re: Danish Delight - Caroline Wozniacki thread - vol 6

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chrissie-fan View Post
I think it's 2 because she started slapping her forehand while she was still number one. She let the critics get to her who said she would never win a major with her defensive game. By the time she had figured out that her forehand would never be the weapon she had wanted it to be she had lost all confidence in the stroke and struggled with it eversince.

Just guessing of course, but that's the way it COULD be.
And she switched to a raquet built for more spin at the same time...

Personnaly I see lots of positives recently. I have no doubts she will regain some stability and start winning tournaments again. I'd be blind not to.

I lost a lot of respect for the idiots criticising her power back in the day... A look at her us Open 2010 vs Shugarova, she was painting the basline and going toe to toe. It was aparant then that a lot of fools just didn't understand the strengths of her game and it's simple beauty. Kind of like the 'Moneyball' game of the time, vindicated by the frequency she got to first base.