TennisForum.com - View Single Post - Danish Delight - Caroline Wozniacki thread - vol 6

View Single Post

Old Sep 6th, 2013, 06:14 PM   #5090
country flag Chrissie-fan
-LIFETIME MEMBER-

Chrissie-fan has a reputation beyond repute Chrissie-fan has a reputation beyond repute Chrissie-fan has a reputation beyond repute Chrissie-fan has a reputation beyond repute Chrissie-fan has a reputation beyond repute Chrissie-fan has a reputation beyond repute Chrissie-fan has a reputation beyond repute Chrissie-fan has a reputation beyond repute Chrissie-fan has a reputation beyond repute Chrissie-fan has a reputation beyond repute Chrissie-fan has a reputation beyond repute
Re: Danish Delight - Caroline Wozniacki thread - vol 6

Quote:
Originally Posted by goldenlox View Post
its a tough situation because she is trying hard, but her game is getting worse.
My 2 possible reasons for the decline were: 1 - lack of motivation once she lost #1, or 2 - trying to be more aggressive on her forehand side and making too many errors.
But this last match her forehand broke down without trying to be aggressive and she was trying very hard. So maybe its just her game is getting worse.
That would mean, what? Hire a coach and hope he can turn things around, or make changes and hope they work.
Either way, its already 2 years gone by and her last match devolved into one of the worst I've seen her play.
I think it's 2 because she started slapping her forehand while she was still number one. She let the critics get to her who said she would never win a major with her defensive game. By the time she had figured out that her forehand would never be the weapon she had wanted it to be she had lost all confidence in the stroke and struggled with it eversince.

Just guessing of course, but that's the way it COULD be.

Thank you LI NA, we'll never forget you
Chrissie-fan is offline View My Blog!