TennisForum.com - View Single Post - Danish Delight - Caroline Wozniacki thread - vol 6

View Single Post

Old Sep 6th, 2013, 06:37 PM   #5089
country flag goldenlox

goldenlox has a reputation beyond repute goldenlox has a reputation beyond repute goldenlox has a reputation beyond repute goldenlox has a reputation beyond repute goldenlox has a reputation beyond repute goldenlox has a reputation beyond repute goldenlox has a reputation beyond repute goldenlox has a reputation beyond repute goldenlox has a reputation beyond repute goldenlox has a reputation beyond repute goldenlox has a reputation beyond repute
Re: Danish Delight - Caroline Wozniacki thread - vol 6

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chrissie-fan View Post
Well, I already said 18 months ago that it was high time to take action and that it might already be too late in fact. But I hardly think we can blame Rory for her coaching situation. And yes, IF she's serious about getting a new coach, what is she waiting for? The time to do it is NOW. In fact the time to do it was two years ago. If he would want to make some changes to Caro's game it will take some time (and probably a long time) before she feels comfortable with them. She may as well start now or she will waste most of 2014 as well while she's experimenting and trying out new things. Not that I expect anything drastic though. Instead of trying to rebuild Caro from the ground up I expect him to try and improve Caro's game the way it is 1% at the time.
its a tough situation because she is trying hard, but her game is getting worse.
My 2 possible reasons for the decline were: 1 - lack of motivation once she lost #1, or 2 - trying to be more aggressive on her forehand side and making too many errors.
But this last match her forehand broke down without trying to be aggressive and she was trying very hard. So maybe its just her game is getting worse.
That would mean, what? Hire a coach and hope he can turn things around, or make changes and hope they work.
Either way, its already 2 years gone by and her last match devolved into one of the worst I've seen her play.
HEALTH and HAPPINESS to EVERYONE

goldenlox is offline View My Blog!