TennisForum.com - View Single Post - *Vika Azarenka Cheering Thread* - Vikalume 4.

View Single Post

Old Sep 6th, 2013, 04:03 PM   #3725
country flag Patrick345

Patrick345 has a reputation beyond repute Patrick345 has a reputation beyond repute Patrick345 has a reputation beyond repute Patrick345 has a reputation beyond repute Patrick345 has a reputation beyond repute Patrick345 has a reputation beyond repute Patrick345 has a reputation beyond repute Patrick345 has a reputation beyond repute Patrick345 has a reputation beyond repute Patrick345 has a reputation beyond repute Patrick345 has a reputation beyond repute
Re: *Vika Azarenka Cheering Thread* - Vikalume 4.

Quote:
Originally Posted by SilverSlam View Post
This is actually a really good point. But the plus for Vika is that it does take usually a very inform hard hitting player to actually beat her (examples being Serena, Maria, to a lesser extent Cibulkova). There is yet to be a really solid gameplan that everyone can apply to her (like with Wozniacki) which shows a way to beat her everytime.

I don't think there will be an easy way to beat her either, she's too adaptable unlike Caro.
No doubt there is no simple masterplan to beat Vika, but attacking her serve makes a lot sense. It also seems more players use Vika´s own ROS tactics against her and try to return deep through the middle. Noticed a few times Vika´s footwork is not ready and she leaks short balls from there that the opponents can attack. Now just an aggressive ROS doesn´t guarantee you victory, but it is a strategy Vika needs to handle in the future and tbh, if she can develop a 20-30% better serve because of it, she´d be in great shape for the next few years.
Quiet. 24 SLAMS.
Patrick345 is offline View My Blog!