TennisForum.com - View Single Post - *Vika Azarenka Cheering Thread* - Vikalume 4.

View Single Post

Old Sep 6th, 2013, 07:08 AM   #3721
country flag SilverSlam
I-G-G-Y

SilverSlam has a reputation beyond repute SilverSlam has a reputation beyond repute SilverSlam has a reputation beyond repute SilverSlam has a reputation beyond repute SilverSlam has a reputation beyond repute SilverSlam has a reputation beyond repute SilverSlam has a reputation beyond repute SilverSlam has a reputation beyond repute SilverSlam has a reputation beyond repute SilverSlam has a reputation beyond repute SilverSlam has a reputation beyond repute
Re: *Vika Azarenka Cheering Thread* - Vikalume 4.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Igor_Biscan View Post
This is interesting. The longer you're at the top the more videos other players and coaches will have to analyse. Apart from possibly Serena every player has distinct weaknesses and predictabilities, it can take a while for the best counter-plans to become well known, for example Wozniacki was number one for ages until people worked out you had to play a disciplined, patient game against her and not try to win points too early.

Of course trying to dictate the points against vika can lead to opponents bombing out spectacularly, and if vika is in top form (Beijing last year Bartoli and Sharapova went all out at her and got blown out) its very hard to do. In Vika's current form and playstyle its got a much better chance of succeeding.
This is actually a really good point. But the plus for Vika is that it does take usually a very inform hard hitting player to actually beat her (examples being Serena, Maria, to a lesser extent Cibulkova). There is yet to be a really solid gameplan that everyone can apply to her (like with Wozniacki) which shows a way to beat her everytime.

I don't think there will be an easy way to beat her either, she's too adaptable unlike Caro.