TennisForum.com - View Single Post - Off Topic....Anything Goes vol5

View Single Post

Old Sep 6th, 2013, 03:41 AM   #1572
country flag Chrissie-fan
-LIFETIME MEMBER-

Chrissie-fan has a reputation beyond repute Chrissie-fan has a reputation beyond repute Chrissie-fan has a reputation beyond repute Chrissie-fan has a reputation beyond repute Chrissie-fan has a reputation beyond repute Chrissie-fan has a reputation beyond repute Chrissie-fan has a reputation beyond repute Chrissie-fan has a reputation beyond repute Chrissie-fan has a reputation beyond repute Chrissie-fan has a reputation beyond repute Chrissie-fan has a reputation beyond repute
Re: Off Topic....Anything Goes vol5

Quote:
Originally Posted by Icky80 View Post
Stan flicking away Andy isn't that surprising, but it is surprisingly it was in three fairly easy sets. I'm not really buying the idea that he couldn't get excited for the Open because he won Wimbledon. He's defending champion and is still hungry to get to number one and try to get closer to the Big Three's numbers. He just hasn't looked very good since Miami. He got ridiculously lucky at Wimbledon when Verdasco and Jerzy choked and he faced an exhausted Novak in the final. I'm not sure how much of it has to do with his back, but he can't continue to depend so much on his defense. Nadal and Novak have been playing a lot less defensive than Murray these last six months. He is too big and too injury prone to continue to play that style.
It's possible though. Wimbledon was a huge burden on his shoulders and when he won it it may have had that, "Phew, I've done it" effect on him. Besides, we always tend to make a player just as good as the last match he or she played, but even the best players have their days when they can't seem to get going or their timing is off or something. Even the best painters can't come up with the prettiest picture everyday. And Wawrinka is someone who's always dangerous to any player, even the big four when they are playing well. He has beaten Murray at the USO in the past and he gave Djokovic a run for his money at the AO.

Chrissie-fan is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote