TennisForum.com - View Single Post - Glta

Thread: Glta
View Single Post

Old Sep 5th, 2013, 08:02 PM   #64
country flag chaton

chaton has much to be proud of chaton has much to be proud of chaton has much to be proud of chaton has much to be proud of chaton has much to be proud of chaton has much to be proud of chaton has much to be proud of chaton has much to be proud of chaton has much to be proud of chaton has much to be proud of chaton has much to be proud of
Re: Glta

Quote:
Originally Posted by New_balls_please View Post
I still don't quite get how GLTA is so popular among the gay community. To me the whole idea screams exclusion and isolation. I would be okay with this if we were in 1920, but nowadays, when most people see us as no different to anyone else, GLTA's ideas seem obsolete and not appropriate to current circumstances in our society. Don't get me wrong. I'm sure it's a lot of fun to play, but I think it's very discriminatory.

The USTA has many leagues and tournaments which cater to all levels of abilities and experience. I've been playing tennis for 15 years now, and I even played Varstity Level as an undergrad. I get pissed when people say things like "oh, you could be the number one ranked gay tennis player in your country" and stuff like that. It doesn't matter if you're gay or heterosexual. Tennis is tennis and you should not be competing in a league just because you're gay.

It's just my opinion I respect your opinion, guys.
Why discrimination? Straight people are allowed to enter tournaments too. And as far as I know it already happened here in europe.

And the level depends of the division you enter. The Open level can be quite high.
chaton is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote