TennisForum.com - View Single Post - Ana Ivanovic Videos thread

View Single Post

Old Sep 5th, 2013, 01:38 PM   #2328
country flag gaviotabr

gaviotabr has a reputation beyond repute gaviotabr has a reputation beyond repute gaviotabr has a reputation beyond repute gaviotabr has a reputation beyond repute gaviotabr has a reputation beyond repute gaviotabr has a reputation beyond repute gaviotabr has a reputation beyond repute gaviotabr has a reputation beyond repute gaviotabr has a reputation beyond repute gaviotabr has a reputation beyond repute gaviotabr has a reputation beyond repute
Re: Ana Ivanovic Videos thread

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cajka View Post
Well, I'm saying also that she needs to be aggressive, but it's more stable than it was, I like it. She still can hit plenty of winners, go for amazing angles without going for too much. TL23 mentioned 2007, in those times I feel like her serve was even a bit better than forehand. And the forehand was too erratic back then. I think that when she's aggressive, but calmed, her point construction with forehand is actually better than it was during her teenage years, when she was hitting it as hard as possible. But that's such a normal thing for a young player. Adding some muscles and getting fitter would do a miracle. It would be a lot easier to hit heavier and deeper on a consistent level during a long match against quality opposition. If she could do that, it would be the best fh after Graf's definitely, it's a killer shot even as it is.
Mmmm.. I'm not sure about now being more stable than 2007. I think Ana's FH in 2007 was really stable and heavy/powerful. Its no coincidence it was her best year as a whole on tour. I think in the match against Vika, Ana mostly hit her FH really well.. though by end of the 3rd set it had lost some punch. But that's one match.. and Ana still made more errors than winners. I do agree that adding muscles would help her hit heavier and hit big during the entire match.

Now I do hope Ana follows this with continuity.. keeps going with the aggressive mindset into matches and keeps going for her FH.. the more she does this, the better she will hit, the less erractic it will be. Lets see if there is any sense of continuity regarding that in her next few tournaments.. I'm actually curious about that.

Quote:
I don't know what can be done with that 2nd serve. It's like Aga's. Sometimes she hits a good slice serve, but, for whatever reason, that's rare.
I'm not sure what can be done about the 2nd serve either.. but something needs to be done.. its too much of a liability.. and while players like Aga can move fast to get the return of the 2nd serve back with interest, Ana just goes into disadvantage in the point straight away.

Quote:
I agree about moving forward. I'm usually on the edge of my seat when someone hits a drop shot against her, so I didn't even take a good look. I can't tell if she's too slow when moving forward or she starts moving forward when it's already too late. She has a potential to have pretty good net skills, I'm not sure what's her problem. Maybe the thing that Ben said, perhaps she doesn't work on her volleys atm. Just remember the matches against Kvitova in FC, Pironkova in USO, Woz in IW, even Sam in Moscow... So many good volleys and drop shots. How did that disappear?
That's a good question.. Ana can have a great net game.. but lately its been abysmal.. not only the volleys are horrible, she has no anticipation at the net. I wonder what happened..

As for moving fowards, it was a combination of all.. Ana was slow, moved like a baby elephant (uncordinated legs ), and was late to sprint.

Making mistakes is human, repeating them is dumb.

What I write is my opinion, and my opinion only.
gaviotabr is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote