TennisForum.com - View Single Post - Off Topic....Anything Goes vol5

View Single Post

Old Sep 4th, 2013, 03:54 PM   #1563
country flag domon17th

domon17th has a brilliant future domon17th has a brilliant future domon17th has a brilliant future domon17th has a brilliant future domon17th has a brilliant future domon17th has a brilliant future domon17th has a brilliant future domon17th has a brilliant future domon17th has a brilliant future domon17th has a brilliant future domon17th has a brilliant future
Re: Off Topic....Anything Goes vol5

VIP is the definition of headcase. I watched her first set yesterday playing pretty decent but you just know that she'll let it slip away in 3 once she fails to serve out the set.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chrissie-fan View Post
Well, I wouldn't like to see him go either. I just think that it can't be avoided if he doesn't improve because I think that his current level is not acceptable to him. So let's hope for the best and some good results for the rest of the year. I think that he played very well in the first three rounds - almost like the Federer of old in fact. But as soon as someone was able to challenge him he lost it mentally. I've never seen him choke this much in his entire career, and definitely not against a player of Robredo's level. I was shocked. Not so much because he lost but because he panicked so badly.
That's what I'm hopeful about, that Fed knows that he's still capable of playing top level tennis physically. Although the mental aspect may be harder to work on, but at least the body is not betraying him (yet) and preventing him from playing well. Hopefully this realisation will power him through 2014, maybe even starting some small tournaments in the fall to notch up wins to gain confidence.
domon17th is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote