TennisForum.com - View Single Post - Anett Kontaveit

Thread: Anett Kontaveit
View Single Post

Old Sep 4th, 2013, 01:17 PM   #2074
country flag chingching

chingching has a reputation beyond repute chingching has a reputation beyond repute chingching has a reputation beyond repute chingching has a reputation beyond repute chingching has a reputation beyond repute chingching has a reputation beyond repute chingching has a reputation beyond repute chingching has a reputation beyond repute chingching has a reputation beyond repute chingching has a reputation beyond repute chingching has a reputation beyond repute
Re: Anett Kontaveit

Quote:
Originally Posted by muusa View Post
Looks like she's going downwards comparing to the previous year(s). This year has been quite a disaster, ironically even that Moscow win in spring was totally timed wrong as it ruined her RG.
We can only hope she somehow starts to bloom next year when she will be 18 and can play more tournaments. She needs more matchplay, not just 3 or 4 matches a month like it has been until now.
It's because of her ridiculous scheduling. She never gets any flow except in Izmir which was actually really intelligent scheduling aside from the fact that the 1st was a 10K and she didn't play a 25K in the same week. She needs to play higher level tournaments but not ridiculously strong and just get some flow through small travel times and stuff. Like playing weaker tournaments in Belgium and the Netherlands or even Italy instead of 10Ks in Greece, Turkey and Britain. Like its good she's playing 25Ks and 2 in a row but she shouldn't have played Moscow/Podgorica Double because the difference in level is too big and they aren't close together but at least now if she does badly in Doubles she will get there early

I really hope she will come good soon What's sad is that she can play this shit and be this highly ranked with virtually no points to defend I hope she plays Lagos X 2 But she is only 17 and I am probably being too harsh

BTW, Anett's score disappeared off the scoreboard for Doubles so does anyone know if she won?

Kaia hit 24 Aces (the WTA record) vs Safarova Tokyo Round 1 2008
chingching is online now View My Blog!   Reply With Quote