TennisForum.com - View Single Post - Music Thread

Thread: Music Thread
View Single Post

Old Sep 2nd, 2013, 01:07 PM   #155
country flag Chrissie-fan
-LIFETIME MEMBER-

Chrissie-fan has a reputation beyond repute Chrissie-fan has a reputation beyond repute Chrissie-fan has a reputation beyond repute Chrissie-fan has a reputation beyond repute Chrissie-fan has a reputation beyond repute Chrissie-fan has a reputation beyond repute Chrissie-fan has a reputation beyond repute Chrissie-fan has a reputation beyond repute Chrissie-fan has a reputation beyond repute Chrissie-fan has a reputation beyond repute Chrissie-fan has a reputation beyond repute
Re: Music Thread

Quote:
Originally Posted by DownInAHole View Post
I don't think his voice will be a problem for me. Billy Corgan is hardly a traditional type of singer and I love the Smashing Pumpkins. I'm more song oriented than voice oriented. Otherwise I would be a massive Celine Dion fan.
I doubt it. Celine has a great voice indeed, but I don't consider her a great singer. If that doesn't sound quite logical I'd say that she is like someone who can't fiddle but has a Stradivarius. Someone like Celine communicates nothing beyond "just listen what a great voice I have" but there are countless singers who's voice is a lesser instrument who are far better singers in terms of communicating the lyrical and emotional content of a song.

Quote:
Is there anything specific that you have in heavy rotation at the moment? Have you made any new discoveries or have you rediscovered any old favourites?
I'm currently working my way through two box sets from legendary jazz singers. The 48 (!!!) disc Ella Fitzgerald compilation "First Lady of Song" and Billie Holiday's "Lady Day" - a 10 cd set of her early recordings (1933-1944) which still are her best work in my opinion (late Billie with the declining voice is painful to listen to in my opinion). Both very cheap purchases that I found on Amazon with (for the time of course) great sound quality. Now THESE two were TRULY great singers.

Thank you LI NA, we'll never forget you
Chrissie-fan is online now View My Blog!   Reply With Quote