TennisForum.com - View Single Post - Caroline's Live Scoring Thread 12

View Single Post

Old Sep 1st, 2013, 11:51 PM   #2761
country flag terjw

terjw has a reputation beyond repute terjw has a reputation beyond repute terjw has a reputation beyond repute terjw has a reputation beyond repute terjw has a reputation beyond repute terjw has a reputation beyond repute terjw has a reputation beyond repute terjw has a reputation beyond repute terjw has a reputation beyond repute terjw has a reputation beyond repute terjw has a reputation beyond repute
Re: Caroline's Live Scoring Thread 12

Quote:
Originally Posted by RU90 View Post
Caro was like a sitting duck at the net in the match. I like the intent and she was actually coming in at opportune times, but she couldn't put the ball away with a decent volley. It just isn't her strong suit; nor is hitting drop shots. Remember that awful one she attempted? That was probably the worst one I've ever seen.

And no one can say she has a good backhand when she hardly ever uses it as a weapon.

I am still in a bad mood about this missed opportunity, so maybe I'm piling it on. I need to get it all out, and then I'll be back to being delusional about my expectations for Caro.
That was one area she played very well. I want her to play that way every match at the net and not the way she played there against Halep at NH. That's not where she lost the match yesterday. One stretch low for a forehand volley was superb. How can she be a sitting duck when her stats are that she won 7 out of 10 (70%) of points at the net?

We are taking the eye of the ball over-worrying about the 3 out of 10 points she didn't win there when there are such major problems elsewhere with her forehand which was breaking down worse than ever when put under serious pressure. She made as many UEs on her forehand as Giorgi!

Chris Evert, Steffi Graf, Kim Clijsters
terjw is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote