TennisForum.com - View Single Post - 2013 US Open – Out of Top 10

View Single Post

Old Sep 1st, 2013, 06:47 PM   #461
country flag *Jack*

*Jack* has much to be proud of *Jack* has much to be proud of *Jack* has much to be proud of *Jack* has much to be proud of *Jack* has much to be proud of *Jack* has much to be proud of *Jack* has much to be proud of *Jack* has much to be proud of *Jack* has much to be proud of *Jack* has much to be proud of *Jack* has much to be proud of
Re: US open Petra ate bagel instead of pizza

Quote:
Originally Posted by ShiftyFella View Post
yeah be good 'ass kissing' fan and keep believing her bullshit with making excuses for the way she handles herself on the tennis court, she isn't the first nor the last player who played sick or struggles with condition but she's the only player who displays disgusting defeatist attitude on court every time she loses and always has full bag of excuses why she lost, also she's more and more succumbs to using shady mto\bathroom break tactics to make opponents 'cold' but why i'm surprised since she's a friend with bitchmayer. many players struggle with conditions or have health problem and if they're not fully fit to fight they retire before the match and sometimes skip few tournaments to get fully healthy, if they decide to play they're at least trying to fight and show an effort on court and some of them have fought thought tough matches while not being on top of the form or health, if they lose they're not trying to make same old excuses but Petra always does. there comes a time in players career when you need to stop making excuses start fighting and do something to change. she hasn't learned anything from last year when she overburned herself or done anything to change that.
She's hardly the only player who does this.

For me, I don't like excuses as well but what should you do if you're really sick and you opponent stream-rolled you in two sets? It's hard to explain why you've lost if nobody believes you. Personally, I don't know nothing about her condition before, during or after the match so I can't judge if she was sick or not, if she needed that medical timeout or not. If you have this advantage, you're luckier than me or maybe you're well educated in medicine and you can analyze her health condition through the TV.
I can't even say if she's making excuses. Yes, she tries to explain things too much and she should rather say no comment and that she will try to play better next time. Maybe it's work of her PR, because I've never had that feeling that she needs excuses before (until this season).

But in general I agree that she should work more and talk less.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Excelscior View Post
Not sure if you followed the thread. But someone mentioned Petra being like Federer and not believing in retiring. And because of that, someone made a reference to me regarding Federer, which I responded to.

You telling me, you couldn't realize, notice that? Don't you read everything.
Well, it's big difference in saying that somebody likes to do something like Federer does and that somebody is able to do that.

And I'm trying to read everything but I can't remember all of it.
And other Czech Davis Cup and Fed Cup team members
Quote:
Originally Posted by Carlsbadwanska View Post
Sometimes is very hard to be Petra's fan.
*Jack* is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote