TennisForum.com - View Single Post - Music Thread

Thread: Music Thread
View Single Post

Old Sep 1st, 2013, 07:13 PM   #150
country flag DownInAHole

DownInAHole has a reputation beyond repute DownInAHole has a reputation beyond repute DownInAHole has a reputation beyond repute DownInAHole has a reputation beyond repute DownInAHole has a reputation beyond repute DownInAHole has a reputation beyond repute DownInAHole has a reputation beyond repute DownInAHole has a reputation beyond repute DownInAHole has a reputation beyond repute DownInAHole has a reputation beyond repute DownInAHole has a reputation beyond repute
Re: Music Thread

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chrissie-fan View Post
I like 1999 and Purple Rain as well, but my fave is Sign 'O' the Times. It's not only my favorite Prince album but probably even my favorite album of the 80's by anyone. Well, that one and the Talking Heads' Remain in Light. I like a lot of Emancipation as well. I've never heard Chaos and Disorder.

Self Portrait is different allright.
Big fan of Sign 'O' the Times, eh? Now I am picturing you staring into a mirror singing "Hot Thing" and "U Got the Look" to yourself.

The cover of Chaos and Disorder is my avatar. It was one of his contractual obligation albums but it was also the first album of his that I heard so I have a soft spot for it. The first half is one of his most "rock" sides (lots of loud guitar). If you like "rock" Prince it is worth a listen. I missed out on him during the eighties and since I became a fan in 1996 that is an era I have a lot of love for even if it was kind of the beginning of the end. I'm curious, what was the last Prince album that you heard?

This may cause you to throw rotten fruit/vegetables at me but I have never heard a Talking Heads album. I have always meant to get into them but haven't managed it yet.

Would you have liked Self Portrait as a single album or is it unsalvageable to you? Kind of odd that New Morning sounds as cohesive as it does since it was partially made up of "rejects" from Self Portrait. The quality of the live disc is quite good, both in sound and performance. Two songs left and then it is on to the outtakes.

Rock 'n' Roll Is Alive! (And It Lives In Minneapolis)
DownInAHole is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote