TennisForum.com - View Single Post - 2013 US Open – Out of Top 10

View Single Post

Old Sep 1st, 2013, 03:40 PM   #460
country flag Excelscior

Excelscior has a reputation beyond repute Excelscior has a reputation beyond repute Excelscior has a reputation beyond repute Excelscior has a reputation beyond repute Excelscior has a reputation beyond repute Excelscior has a reputation beyond repute Excelscior has a reputation beyond repute Excelscior has a reputation beyond repute Excelscior has a reputation beyond repute Excelscior has a reputation beyond repute Excelscior has a reputation beyond repute
Re: US open sick Petra had no chance

Quote:
Originally Posted by Setsuna. View Post
Was she really sick?
Who knows?

Was it reported she went to the hospital before the match, or after the match?

I don't know.

If it was reported after the match, then I have my doubts (cause who takes a MTO down 0-5 in the second set, after losing the first, except for an embarrassed player, who inexplicably decides to show the crowd she's sick)?

She may have well been sick (to some extent). However, it appeared to me she quit/checked out early, when she had some nice ROS winners and aces, but still could break or move ahead of the lightly regarded Riske.

Maybe she thought she only had so much in the gas tank. And when she didn't cash in on the early success, she got disappointed, tanked, and then started flying errors all over the place.

I thought it was a very unprofessional attitude myself (health or no health).
Excelscior is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote