TennisForum.com - View Single Post - Off Topic....Anything Goes vol5

View Single Post

Old Sep 1st, 2013, 02:37 PM   #1524
country flag Chrissie-fan
-LIFETIME MEMBER-

Chrissie-fan has a reputation beyond repute Chrissie-fan has a reputation beyond repute Chrissie-fan has a reputation beyond repute Chrissie-fan has a reputation beyond repute Chrissie-fan has a reputation beyond repute Chrissie-fan has a reputation beyond repute Chrissie-fan has a reputation beyond repute Chrissie-fan has a reputation beyond repute Chrissie-fan has a reputation beyond repute Chrissie-fan has a reputation beyond repute Chrissie-fan has a reputation beyond repute
Re: Off Topic....Anything Goes vol5

Quote:
Originally Posted by TrollPova View Post
In Caro's defense (lawd help me) I thought she actually played pretty well, gave it her all, but Camila just played lights out from beginning to end. Caroline got so many balls back, but (shockingly), she was just too passive. She hit some PEAK moonballs to stay in points , but Camila would often hit them out of the air for winners .

Camila earned herself a new fan in me last night
I don't want to ruin your new fanship, but there is (or was) something like the Caro curse. Those that beat her always ended up losing their next match. This hasn't been the case for Caro's last two tournaments, but for a very long series of tournaments beating Woz meant losing your next match.

Yes, I think that Woz tried very hard, but she just can't do it anymore. That forehand has really become too much of a liability. It's a worse stroke than it's ever been. But I better stop because I can see that you're already having enough fun as it is.

I will add that Giorgi did indeed play very well though. After she lost the first set I thought, "ok, second set 6-1 for Woz" because that's what often happens when a lowly ranked player loses a close first set against a bigger name. But her level didn't drop and she never choked either. So well done.

Last edited by Chrissie-fan : Sep 1st, 2013 at 02:44 PM.
Chrissie-fan is online now View My Blog!   Reply With Quote