TennisForum.com - View Single Post - 2013 US Open – Out of Top 10

View Single Post

Old Sep 1st, 2013, 01:25 PM   #456
country flag pling

pling has a brilliant future pling has a brilliant future pling has a brilliant future pling has a brilliant future pling has a brilliant future pling has a brilliant future pling has a brilliant future pling has a brilliant future pling has a brilliant future pling has a brilliant future pling has a brilliant future
Re: US open sick Petra had no chance

Just posted this in the GM 'Petra out of top 10 thread' - I think dropping just enough (+ helped by rise of Halep, etc) to miss YEC might be better for next season preparation. It seems she is lacking underlying stamina, and left open to illness when physically pushed. This new fitness coach Vseticek seems a lot more experienced than the 'unconventional' Bazja, whose methods don't seem to have worked - lets hope the new team addresses these problems.

Quote:
Originally Posted by pling View Post
I actually hope Petra just misses out on the YEC too, because flying out there just to lose in the RR will be a big waste of time - better to stay in CZ and work towards next season with the new fitness coach.

If Jelena and Sloane lose today, I think Petra hangs on to 8th in the race, at least until a SF run by Simona or Roberta (either very possible) or perhaps Angie. But with Marion out (plus if Maria does not return by season end), Petra could yet stumble ass backwards into the top 8 by October. She might be competing with Caro in a 'least-shit autumn results' contest.

To misquote a gay Irishman, to crash out of one slam with a sicknote may be regarded as a misfortune; to pull a sickie again at a second looks like carelessness.

I hope the new fitness coach knows what he's doing, doesn't tolerate any self-pity & laziness, gets her properly prepared in the way she wasn't at the start of this year, and that she becomes an entertaining player to watch again. After all, enjoying watching these tennis matches is the main thing for us, not counting the ranking points.
pling is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote