TennisForum.com - View Single Post - Music Thread

Thread: Music Thread
View Single Post

Old Sep 1st, 2013, 09:58 AM   #145
country flag DownInAHole

DownInAHole has a reputation beyond repute DownInAHole has a reputation beyond repute DownInAHole has a reputation beyond repute DownInAHole has a reputation beyond repute DownInAHole has a reputation beyond repute DownInAHole has a reputation beyond repute DownInAHole has a reputation beyond repute DownInAHole has a reputation beyond repute DownInAHole has a reputation beyond repute DownInAHole has a reputation beyond repute DownInAHole has a reputation beyond repute
Re: Music Thread

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chrissie-fan View Post
You mean that "another self portrait" one? No, I haven't got it (yet). I wouldn't expect too much from it though because I consider the original self portrait album the worst one of his career.
Yes, that is the one I am referring to. My Dylan collection is complete up to Nashville Skyline but after that it gets a bit patchy (especially after Desire) and I have never heard Self Portrait before so this seemed like a good purchase. One of the discs is just a remastered version of the original album but there is also a live disc with the Band. It's also not just Self Portrait outtakes. There is a fair bit of stuff from New Morning too. It is definitely expensive but if you are into fancy packaging it is (almost) worth it.

As a huge Prince fan I dearly wish that he had his own "Bootleg Series" type of releases. He has tons of unreleased material but doesn't seem keen on making it available.

Is there a particular Dylan era that you would like to see further explored? I guess the obvious example would be more material from The Basement Tapes sessions.

Rock 'n' Roll Is Alive! (And It Lives In Minneapolis)
DownInAHole is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote