TennisForum.com - View Single Post - Anett Kontaveit

Thread: Anett Kontaveit
View Single Post

Old Sep 1st, 2013, 03:14 AM   #2061
country flag chingching

chingching has a reputation beyond repute chingching has a reputation beyond repute chingching has a reputation beyond repute chingching has a reputation beyond repute chingching has a reputation beyond repute chingching has a reputation beyond repute chingching has a reputation beyond repute chingching has a reputation beyond repute chingching has a reputation beyond repute chingching has a reputation beyond repute chingching has a reputation beyond repute
Re: Anett Kontaveit

Quote:
Originally Posted by muusa View Post
Indeed.. why isn't she I wonder. It's like Anett wouldn't play in Tallinn (25). It's not like she's too high ranked to play a 25.

That'd be quite bad as she'd possibly have to play Vogt or Voracova right away in R1 or R2
Well, someone might still withdraw..

But isn't Vankova still 1p behind Anett at 290 with those Kazan points? At least that's what the ranks update thread shows.

How are those seedings appointed anyway? For example Perrin and Gatto-Monticone are ahead of Anett in the next ranking update, but on the Podgorica EL they are behind. Didn't check all the others but there might be some more movements like this. I have never paid much attention to this at least on the ITF level, I think in slams they use the last possible ranking for seedings. However, the next official WTA ranks update is on the 9th of September, but Podgorica draw must be done before that. So currently she should be fine? But if the new rankings were done on the 2nd, then her seeding would be in threat, correct?
Kovinic is probably either having a sponsor dispute or she is playing a series of tournaments elsewhere and this would be too inconvenient. You'd think she'd base her schedule around this though And she played Fed Cup here so she seems to be pretty loyal/likes home

For seedings they will use the rankings at the end of Moscow so unless Perrin and Gatto-Monticone drop, Anett will not be seeded
I must admit that I didn't look to see if Vankova was ahead but simply presumed she was given that normally I would expect 24 Points to lift you more than 9 spots in this ranking area

Anyway, I don't mind if Perrin is seeded because Anett can easily beat her IMO but the idea of playing someone like Vogt early scares me Still, if she is going to win the tournament, she's gonna have to beat them all somewhere Although aside from a few occasions where she has beaten the Top Seed 1st Round, Anett never starts tournaments well
chingching is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote