TennisForum.com - View Single Post - Anett Kontaveit

Thread: Anett Kontaveit
View Single Post

Old Aug 31st, 2013, 08:24 AM   #2058
country flag chingching

chingching has a reputation beyond repute chingching has a reputation beyond repute chingching has a reputation beyond repute chingching has a reputation beyond repute chingching has a reputation beyond repute chingching has a reputation beyond repute chingching has a reputation beyond repute chingching has a reputation beyond repute chingching has a reputation beyond repute chingching has a reputation beyond repute chingching has a reputation beyond repute
Re: Anett Kontaveit

Quote:
Originally Posted by muusa View Post
This year she actually hasn't had so many "weird" losses if I think of it, other than losing to higher ranked players she has lost to Bencic, Cszoregi (Moscow win hangover?), Smith (post-surgery), Hadzic (playing 14+ days in row without breaks basically), Siniakova (no excuse! )

So this assures there's no reason to end up like Vika Kan in her last two tournaments (being seeded 1st or 2nd and bombing out in R2). Still too bad she decided not play that 3rd week, it would have been a backup as a bad day at the office can always happen even in R1.

Btw the slam qualies cut-offs this year were sth like this: AO 230, RG 218, Wimbledon 222. If not AO yet, then surely she should make the ones in spring.
She was also sick when she lost to Hadzic and obviously lacked motivation after the match which shall never be mentioned again
Yeah the Spring GS she really should make given that she only really has Burnie 25K to defend before the cut-off

I am become so involved in this thread now To go into more depth, in reality these are the only opponents I can see Anett losing to in Moscow/Podgorica in the 1st/2nd Round

Moscow 25K:
Kalabina
Katsitadze
Pigossi?

Podgorica 25K:
Gatto-Monticone
Vankova
Bukta
Jugic-Salkic
Knoll
Pera

The Awkward moment when Kovinic doesn't play Podgorica

EDIT: Anett will actually probably not be seeded now in Podgorica as Vankova gets 24 Points for making the QF of 50K + H Kazan which come on this week and she will overtake Anett I really thought Anett should have played those Kazans She probably could have one one Podgorica could be very difficult now

Kaia hit 24 Aces (the WTA record) vs Safarova Tokyo Round 1 2008

Quote:
Originally Posted by moby View Post
The Chernobyl mutant is in her element within China's waste and pollution.

Last edited by chingching : Aug 31st, 2013 at 08:33 AM.
chingching is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote