TennisForum.com - View Single Post - the Return of the Legend - Martina Hingis Cheering Thread

View Single Post

Old Aug 31st, 2013, 06:41 AM   #96
country flag catcat33

catcat33 is a name known to all catcat33 is a name known to all catcat33 is a name known to all catcat33 is a name known to all catcat33 is a name known to all catcat33 is a name known to all catcat33 is a name known to all catcat33 is a name known to all catcat33 is a name known to all catcat33 is a name known to all catcat33 is a name known to all
Re: the Return of the Legend - Martina Hingis Cheering Thread

I paste what I said in another thread:

Heartbreaking loss...

It pains me to say it, but Hingis is not ready for the comeback yet. Yes, her court sense, her craftiness and touch are still there, but she definitely needs to improve her serve, at least back to her 2006 level. Otherwise, she'll continue to lose at first and second rounds.

I saw her entry in the Tokyo website, so she hasn't given up - yet- and I think with her pride, she won't allow herself to retire again without at least achieving something first - so I think she will still continue. But she really needs to take a break from the tournaments and train hard before competing again. She can't expect herself to breeze through the draws with her talent alone and no training behind the scenes. A reason why she's succcessful in her 2006 comeback is because she really commits herself to training like almost a whole year, just to keep up with the current level of the game before coming back - something she didn't do this time.

Let's hope we'll still see her next year in main draws.

I also agree that Dani is just not good enough and Hingis needs a power player to assist her game. I know it's Dani who persuade her out of retirement, but I think it's time for a split and try out with better doubles players.
catcat33 is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote