TennisForum.com - View Single Post - Petra Kvitova News and Articles

View Single Post

Old Aug 30th, 2013, 10:33 AM   #2543
country flag *Jack*

*Jack* is a splendid one to behold *Jack* is a splendid one to behold *Jack* is a splendid one to behold *Jack* is a splendid one to behold *Jack* is a splendid one to behold *Jack* is a splendid one to behold *Jack* is a splendid one to behold *Jack* is a splendid one to behold *Jack* is a splendid one to behold *Jack* is a splendid one to behold *Jack* is a splendid one to behold
Re: Petra Kvitova News and Articles

Interview with Petra after 2nd round match on isport.blesk.cz.
Quote:
Third round of US Open? That doesn't satisfy me, Kvitová militantly reports

Petra Kvitová secured the 3rd round progress at the US Open for her self • Foto:ČTK

RIGHT FROM NEW YORK CITY | Petra Kvitová exchanged her first round match win, just for a change labored in three sets, for the different type of win in her next match at the US Open. She literary wiped out Bojana Jovanovski of Serbia, world number 58, from the court 6-2 6-4. She took service of her opponent four times, she lost only one of her own and she could be happy after 57 minutes.

Was it better performance than in the first round against Misaki Doi of Japan?
„Mainly there wasn't the precarious second set performance. I caught its start today, I broke her immediately and than held my serve. That calmed me down. And I would say that I served much better today.“

Your fire jammed only at the end when you let Jovanovski correct the scoreline from 5-1. What happened?
„More or less nothing special. We were fighting for a game at 5-1, she played well as well as then on my service game. But my serve held me at 5-4 which was important.“

You utilized all four break point in this match, that's not usual statistic for you. Why was that?
„I don't even know. I played nicely ball after ball. I tried to go for everything. Her first serve was quite uncomfortable for me, but when she gave it to my hand, it was good. And I tried to go for the second serve because it wasn't the fastest.“

Before the line of the American tournament you said that you would try to play it more safely and make less errors. That sounds good but it is hard to achieve. You played for the full risk today.
„I was trying to play more safer game here in America for a while, but I took some speed off and that is not my game. I can't run it down and my opponent can play what they want. I can't play long rallies. I just can't play ten shots in a rally, that's just not possible, I can't do this at the moment. I'm trying to play my old game. It doesn't withstand for the whole match but I'm trying to go for the very first shots and end the rallies on the net at best.“

The home player Alison Risk is waiting for you in the third round surprisingly. You have beaten her in three sets last week in New Haven. What type of player is she?
„She can run well, she stands a bit more behind the base line. However I didn't come on the net more in that match and I didn't push her enough to roll her ahead of my self. I will have to use this against her now. I want to go on. It is only the third round yet which is not what the top 10 player would be satisfied with.“
I like the fact that she wants to play more aggressive again, that her serve is ok and that she wants to get far in the draw (she acknowledge that the top 10 player should think about better result than the 3rd round )!
And other Czech Davis Cup and Fed Cup team members
Quote:
Originally Posted by Carlsbadwanska View Post
Sometimes is very hard to be Petra's fan.
*Jack* is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote