TennisForum.com - View Single Post - Off Topic....Anything Goes vol5

View Single Post

Old Aug 27th, 2013, 06:24 PM   #1486
country flag jameshazza

jameshazza has a reputation beyond repute jameshazza has a reputation beyond repute jameshazza has a reputation beyond repute jameshazza has a reputation beyond repute jameshazza has a reputation beyond repute jameshazza has a reputation beyond repute jameshazza has a reputation beyond repute jameshazza has a reputation beyond repute jameshazza has a reputation beyond repute jameshazza has a reputation beyond repute jameshazza has a reputation beyond repute
Re: Off Topic....Anything Goes vol5

Quote:
Originally Posted by Asanty View Post
Yeah, you did a great research, but we cannot know all details for sure.
I know we don't. But when it was revealed she had a rotator cuff tear in 2008 there were furious arguments over whether or not she should have surgery. They'd been telling her to rest and rehab for 2 years, and when they finally found the tear they said the same again.

Rehab never helped her shoulder before, or Serena's knee, or Kim's abdomen. There really isn't much it can do for chronic injuries. Especially when the injured part of the body is always going to be under stress.

So, by strict medical standards, she didn't *need* surgery last time as such, but in reality it was the only option. I think it's the same here. It's going to lead to another tear in 18-24 months. And she can't afford one of those at 28/29. It would end her career for good. The surgery should allow her to play as long as she wants, provided she keeps an adequate rehab schedule and smart tournament scheduling for the rest of her career.