TennisForum.com - View Single Post - Off Topic....Anything Goes vol5

View Single Post

Old Aug 25th, 2013, 12:10 PM   #1460
C. Drone
CFO

C. Drone has a reputation beyond repute C. Drone has a reputation beyond repute C. Drone has a reputation beyond repute C. Drone has a reputation beyond repute C. Drone has a reputation beyond repute C. Drone has a reputation beyond repute C. Drone has a reputation beyond repute C. Drone has a reputation beyond repute C. Drone has a reputation beyond repute C. Drone has a reputation beyond repute C. Drone has a reputation beyond repute
Re: Off Topic....Anything Goes vol5

Quote:
Originally Posted by Serfpova View Post
I'm not sure I see Aza getting the Final though. If Peak Woz turns up, long shot but she's steadily improved these past couple of weeks, she could trouble her. Plus Sam is her projected QF. And Pome is in Vika's section, plus her R1 is pretty tough, she played Aga at RG and really impressed me.

IDK, I think it would require more luck than she got at this year's AO. She still hasn't played consistently well in MONTHS, regardless of the Rena win.

Although if Petra somehow makes the QF maybe she'll rise to the occasion.
Quote:
Originally Posted by dsanders06 View Post
I wouldn't actually mind seeing Woz take out Aza (the prospect of Aza getting a 3rd Slam has me very "pressed"), but I don't see how it's at all possible. I've kept banging on about this in GM for weeks, but since the start of 2012, Azarenka has only lost one match when she's hit more winners than her opponent (Makarova in Madrid, and that was on her hated clay when she was very rusty), and we all know that bar divine intervention Wozniacki is not going to be hitting more winners than Azarenka. Admittedly their Cincy match was closer than it should've been, but I'm chalking that up to Azarenka still having the slight residual mental block against her due to that head-to-head, but that win in itself should have removed that mental block and make it easier for her next time.

Other than that, I do agree with what you're saying, I do think that Aza's win over Serena has made everyone forget that she was otherwise very unconvincing this summer, and I do think she could be vulnerable at this tournament. But I think it will have to be a ballbasher who takes her out (there are signs that Petra might finally be getting her shit together, so she could possibly do it), because she can afford to be several levels below her best and still grind her way past defensive players imo, because she very rarely has the sort of total mass errorfests that Maria or even Serena can occasionally be prone to that are needed to lose to the likes of Woz.
The level of delusion might be worry some ppl that you overdosed the painkillers after your heart was broken.

I hate Miss Guest to the core of her bones, but Karolina or the Homewrecker making the final would be even more upsetting seeing how much they suck.

anyway.
A certain fan favorite returning to twitter after a one year hiatus and her first tweet is about a sponsor event.
But of course Maria who is THE corporate drone.
Do ppl actually use their brain or its for just balancing their ass full of shit according to newtonian physics?
I dont even have to read the withdrawal thread for the knee jerking moments, so just checked the post counts, there was maybe 4-5 fans of Martha in the top20-25 commenters.
The cuteness in these stories just overwhelming.