TennisForum.com - View Single Post - *Vika Azarenka Cheering Thread* - Vikalume 4.

View Single Post

Old Aug 25th, 2013, 12:38 AM   #3556
country flag Vikapower

Vikapower has a reputation beyond repute Vikapower has a reputation beyond repute Vikapower has a reputation beyond repute Vikapower has a reputation beyond repute Vikapower has a reputation beyond repute Vikapower has a reputation beyond repute Vikapower has a reputation beyond repute Vikapower has a reputation beyond repute Vikapower has a reputation beyond repute Vikapower has a reputation beyond repute Vikapower has a reputation beyond repute
Re: *Vika Azarenka Cheering Thread* - Vikalume 4.

Quote:
Originally Posted by LUVMIRZA View Post
Ajde troubled her in Carlsbad mostly coz Vika was shitty in that second set, but Vika can handle her easily if she plays her game. Shanksur will not be tolerated and am hoping Vika will give a beat down this time to put that pigeon in place. Real trouble is Pome and I hope some one takes care of her before she meets Vika
Exactly, things need to be put into perspective...

The fact that Victoria was able to resolve all her preceding issues (forehand, serve...) in just one encounter against Serena proves how much she was inconsistent pre-Cincinnati final.

It also proves that she only just needed one very though test to get her form, which she has done and the Serena encounter was exactly what she needed...

As for Cibulkova, I mean scared of her when Victoria just comes from a win over Serena in a Premier 5 event ? Ok (!) well, that's an option - maybe Cibulkova has something Serena Williams just doesn't have ; I'll pay attention to that in the future.

For now, most people tend to overrate that Miami match where Victoria was ditching like 99.99999% of her shots down the center and into Cibulkova's forehand. She herself admitted afterwards that she played this match without a brain... as for their match in Roland Garros, well, Victoria miraculously somehow escaped a 60 Ue Brianti match, well that's all you need to know about her RG 2012...

This is a good draw for Victoria. She's fit, confident, a tremendous hard-court player, she really seems to want that US Open [...] without transmitting an overconfident image about her chances, she should definitively make the final of this tournament.

The only player against whom she can possibly be written off against here is Serena, and even that nowadays is very risky game considering their hard-court encounters, the fact that she leads her 3-1 in HC finals (2-0 in 2013 [Doha, Cincinnati]) and that she was already in position to serve for the trophy last year at 5*-4... anyways best of luck.
Vikapower is offline View My Blog!