TennisForum.com - View Single Post - Off Topic....Anything Goes vol5

View Single Post

Old Aug 24th, 2013, 10:31 PM   #1458
country flag Chrissie-fan
-LIFETIME MEMBER-

Chrissie-fan has a reputation beyond repute Chrissie-fan has a reputation beyond repute Chrissie-fan has a reputation beyond repute Chrissie-fan has a reputation beyond repute Chrissie-fan has a reputation beyond repute Chrissie-fan has a reputation beyond repute Chrissie-fan has a reputation beyond repute Chrissie-fan has a reputation beyond repute Chrissie-fan has a reputation beyond repute Chrissie-fan has a reputation beyond repute Chrissie-fan has a reputation beyond repute
Re: Off Topic....Anything Goes vol5

Quote:
Originally Posted by AnnieIWillKnow View Post
I definitely think Woz is good for a deep run, though!
Well, I admit that as a fan I'm genuinely excited this time. I always root for her, but in the recent past I never really believed that she could actually do anything at the slams because her game was a complete mess. Draws didn't even matter because she always lost to a non-entity in the first or second round anyway. But this time I think she has a shot at making a deep run. I'm not such a dreamer that I actually think she can win the entire thing though. But a deep run IS possible with this draw. She's playing a bit better, she plays with a stick that she likes, it's at the slam where she's had her best results and there's nobody in her way before the QF against whom she's the underdog. So a QF and perhaps even a SF is possible. That sounds perhaps modest, but the Wozniacki fan in me is not as spoiled as the Sharapova fan. As a Woz fan I don't have the luxury of calling anything but a tournament win a failure. If she makes the QF after hardly winning a match at slam level for two years I would call that a success. If she would make the semis it would be huge. And if she would do even better it would be science fiction. So yeah, I'm excited. But I also know that it's entirely possible that she will have to take her adorable ass back to Danmark (or Monaco) after just one match. After her struggles of the last two years each match will be like a final to her. There are no cupcake draws after two years of being a part of someone else's cupcake.

Chrissie-fan is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote