TennisForum.com - View Single Post - US Open 2013: hashtag slam number 5

View Single Post

Old Aug 23rd, 2013, 09:27 AM   #269
country flag AnnieIWillKnow

AnnieIWillKnow has a reputation beyond repute AnnieIWillKnow has a reputation beyond repute AnnieIWillKnow has a reputation beyond repute AnnieIWillKnow has a reputation beyond repute AnnieIWillKnow has a reputation beyond repute AnnieIWillKnow has a reputation beyond repute AnnieIWillKnow has a reputation beyond repute AnnieIWillKnow has a reputation beyond repute AnnieIWillKnow has a reputation beyond repute AnnieIWillKnow has a reputation beyond repute AnnieIWillKnow has a reputation beyond repute
Re: US Open 2013: hashtag slam number 5

Quote:
Originally Posted by Icky80 View Post
I wonder just how open to questions she'll be. The press will want to know when this shoulder pain returned and when it escalated. Hell, we'll all want to know. I'm assuming she'll say she didn't really know how serious it was until Cincy. Otherwise, people will cal her out.

On another note, I've always felt Maria needed to buff up more to protect her muscles. Her muscles are so long and lean, and she hits the ball flat and hard with every strike. Sure, she'll be less pretty in dresses and it would slight her her pretty girl rock image, but I think she needs to get them bigger and stronger nonetheless
I would so love to hear a honest, thorough break-down of what's really been going on the past couple of months. But I doubt we will ever know. I'm hoping that it was the case that she had some pain during the French Open and Wimbledon, and that it just got worse, because I really can't bear the thought that she played through serious pain, given what happened last time.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Andy. View Post
You know what really bad. I havent even bothered to check the draws yet.....
Quote:
Originally Posted by PimpMePova View Post
yeah I haven't checked the draws either and to think how excited I was a couple of days ago about Maria playing and Yuri coaching her And if there is a possibility she'll be that much time away from the game then I don't know tennis wouldn't be the same without her competing. I think I need to start stanning for some of the ATP guys because the WTA now just feels boring and indifferent
Quote:
Originally Posted by Andy. View Post
I'm exactly the same. I have really been getting a lot more into the ATP. The WTA just doesnt excite me ATM.
I think it's because of Serena and Azarenka's dominance over the rest of the field. It just seems so NID. If Robson goes out early the US Open is going to be so dead to me. If I liked either of the top 2 even just a little bit, it would be better, but I just can't stand to see them winning majors now.

And I was so excited for Yuri's return, too.