TennisForum.com - View Single Post - US Open 2013: hashtag slam number 5

View Single Post

Old Aug 23rd, 2013, 03:15 AM   #257
country flag effedcamel

effedcamel has a brilliant future effedcamel has a brilliant future effedcamel has a brilliant future effedcamel has a brilliant future effedcamel has a brilliant future effedcamel has a brilliant future effedcamel has a brilliant future effedcamel has a brilliant future effedcamel has a brilliant future effedcamel has a brilliant future effedcamel has a brilliant future
Re: US Open 2013: hashtag slam number 5

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tennisvampire View Post
Well, I just hope she takes the time off until the start of the next season. As much as it would hurt to not watch her play until then, it would hurt more to watch her struggle and damage the shoulder even more by coming back too soon. I just re-watched that French Open ceremony, and even if this is the beginning of an end for Maria, it was a swan song and one of the greatest comebacks in the history of tennis. And I, and I'm sure all of you too, will stand by her until the music stops playing

That being said, I totally expect us to be exaggerating and for her to be back to slay by the beginning of 2014
A decade later and an even year. Imagine if she did the unthinkable and won Wimbledon again after being out with another shoulder injury