TennisForum.com - View Single Post - US Open 2013: hashtag slam number 5

View Single Post

Old Aug 22nd, 2013, 04:18 PM   #230
country flag domon17th

domon17th has a brilliant future domon17th has a brilliant future domon17th has a brilliant future domon17th has a brilliant future domon17th has a brilliant future domon17th has a brilliant future domon17th has a brilliant future domon17th has a brilliant future domon17th has a brilliant future domon17th has a brilliant future domon17th has a brilliant future
Re: US Open 2013: hashtag slam number 5

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chrissie-fan View Post
If she takes it easy it will probably heal fairly quickly. The moment of truth will come when she starts playing again, but my uneducated guess is that she'll be ok. In a way I fear the psychological damage even more than the physical one. If she's still insecure about it it may result in a return of DF-pova.
Yep. Even if it fully heals it'll take some time to regain the confidence, which she took 2 full years to attain last time round. But think of it this way, with experience last time round, she may just be more adept in terms of handling expectations and fluctuations in her game.

I'm so thankful that she didn't win Gold last year though, I believe she has her sights set on Rio 2016 and retirement before that is impossible.
domon17th is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote