TennisForum.com - View Single Post - US Open 2013: hashtag slam number 5

View Single Post

Old Aug 22nd, 2013, 02:23 PM   #227
country flag dsanders06
-PREMIUM MEMBER-

dsanders06 has a reputation beyond repute dsanders06 has a reputation beyond repute dsanders06 has a reputation beyond repute dsanders06 has a reputation beyond repute dsanders06 has a reputation beyond repute dsanders06 has a reputation beyond repute dsanders06 has a reputation beyond repute dsanders06 has a reputation beyond repute dsanders06 has a reputation beyond repute dsanders06 has a reputation beyond repute dsanders06 has a reputation beyond repute
Re: US Open 2013: hashtag slam number 5

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cosmic Voices View Post
Well it's inflammation surrounding the area, so thankfully it's not a tear. Ofc if she'd continued to play a muscle tear would've been inevitable. What's positive is, she's much more clued up on this condition now, and the rehab should work to relieve the pain. She might need to have surgery again to repair the already damaged areas, but I have no doubt she'll be back on court. She's too much of a fighter. And from the sounds of things it's not as serious as 2008 so I'm still hopeful
But they thought it was just inflammation in 2008 at first. The problem is that bursitis/inflammation can often be a symptom of something more serious. And tbh, she was pretty foolish getting cortisone shots again, because even if they can relieve pain in the short-term they can weaken the shoulder overall and make a tear more likely (probably one of the contributing factors last time). I hope Maria and her team are really getting multiple opinions from various doctors to avoid being misdiagnosed like last time, even if it means the risk of getting uncomfortable answers.
dsanders06 is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote