TennisForum.com - View Single Post - US Open 2013: hashtag slam number 5

View Single Post

Old Aug 22nd, 2013, 09:26 AM   #214
country flag dsanders06
-PREMIUM MEMBER-

dsanders06 has a reputation beyond repute dsanders06 has a reputation beyond repute dsanders06 has a reputation beyond repute dsanders06 has a reputation beyond repute dsanders06 has a reputation beyond repute dsanders06 has a reputation beyond repute dsanders06 has a reputation beyond repute dsanders06 has a reputation beyond repute dsanders06 has a reputation beyond repute dsanders06 has a reputation beyond repute dsanders06 has a reputation beyond repute
Re: US Open 2013: hashtag slam number 5

Quote:
Originally Posted by AnnieIWillKnow View Post
^^ Which tournaments, in the future? The four slams, obviously, YEC if she qualifies, Stuttgart because of Porsche, Rome, Cincy/Rogers Cup, Beijing and Indian Wells/Miami? Though I can't see her wanting to miss either of the last two, so maybe scratch Beijing off, but even then it's the proximity of them to each other that is worrying. Madrid can take a hike for all I care.
I think she really should've been ending her seasons after the US Open every year. Athletes who have shoulder surgery are advised to leave lots of solid blocks of rest, so I don't really know why she was risking playing those (relatively) inconsequential tournaments. And we know her shoulder was getting seriously stiff/fatigued towards the end of both the 2011 and 2012 seasons (Hogstedt said as much in one of the on-court chats in I think Tokyo last year, and in 2011 she was constantly flexing her shoulder during matches and her serving dived off a cliff after being good for most of the year).
dsanders06 is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote