TennisForum.com - View Single Post - US Open 2013: hashtag slam number 5

View Single Post

Old Aug 22nd, 2013, 03:48 AM   #189
country flag Mexicola

Mexicola has a brilliant future Mexicola has a brilliant future Mexicola has a brilliant future Mexicola has a brilliant future Mexicola has a brilliant future Mexicola has a brilliant future Mexicola has a brilliant future Mexicola has a brilliant future Mexicola has a brilliant future Mexicola has a brilliant future Mexicola has a brilliant future
Re: US Open 2013: hashtag slam number 5

Quote:
Originally Posted by dsanders06 View Post
Hmm, well atleast that's the worst case scenario gone. For now.

I still have a lot of questions in my mind though. If this is something she's had for months now (during which time she's had lots of rest and rehab), is it really going to heal without surgery? And if she does have to have surgery, is she really willing to go through that whole arduous process again? I really don't know.

(I know I'm probably coming across annoyingly pessimistic, I'm just wanting to prepare myself.)
Those are questions that entered my mind as well. Remember, all that was mentioned after Wimbledon was only about her hip. Nothing else. You'd think Maria, more than anyone else, given her history, would recognize and understand the seriousness of any new shoulder pain and really attack the problem at the first sign. She talked candidly about how her early shoulder problems were misdiagnosed and she went on playing with the pain and ended up making it worse. So if she was experiencing pain way back before the French, why did she go on playing as if nothing was wrong? Does she think her tennis responsibilities come before her health? Didn't she learn anything from 2007 about playing in pain, especially when that pain is in the same area?

And why the "everything is great" facade? The training pictures, playing the French and Wimbledon, talking about how excited she was about working with Connors, predicting many wins in New York......all the while being in discomfort and taking shots. I just don't get that. Was she feeling pressure from her sponsors to just keep up the appearances and play tournaments to stay visible?

I just don't understand why Maria would EVER jeopardize her health after what she went through before. So many questions still......
Mexicola is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote