TennisForum.com - View Single Post - NEW HAVEN R1: (3) Kvitova def. (LL) Beck 4-6 6-3 6-3

View Single Post

Old Aug 21st, 2013, 03:48 AM   #31
country flag iGOAT

iGOAT has a reputation beyond repute iGOAT has a reputation beyond repute iGOAT has a reputation beyond repute iGOAT has a reputation beyond repute iGOAT has a reputation beyond repute iGOAT has a reputation beyond repute iGOAT has a reputation beyond repute iGOAT has a reputation beyond repute iGOAT has a reputation beyond repute iGOAT has a reputation beyond repute iGOAT has a reputation beyond repute
Re: NEW HAVEN R1: (3) Kvitova def. (LL) Beck 4-6 6-3 6-3

I was at this match, so I'll try to give a report. Overall, quite messy.

KvittyGOAT came out quite solid and focused, playing well on her serve games but not returning well… She generally didn't look very focused. Once she broke for a 4-2 lead, she clearly had no concentration and let Beck break back right away. I was impressed with Beck the whole match in that she was certainly in it to win it, while KvittyGOAT didn't seem to give a shit the first set. After getting down a break in the second, KvittyGOAT started to get it together and broke back, but I don't remember much about the second set so it can't have been very good stuff . By the third set, KvittyGOAT was quite zoned in and Beck seemed to be losing hope. It was mostly KvittyGOAT just overpowering Beck in quick points, but there were finally some good rallies here. The best was a very long, exciting rally, which KvittyGOAT finally ended in a great high backhand cross-court volley. There were also a few good points that Beck set up for herself and then missed the putaway shot. At 5-1, KvittyGOAT kind of lost focus again and Beck saw that she was still in it. At 5-2, 30-15 they played a great, really long point, where Beck hit several shots that JUST kept herself in the point and then of course KvittyGOAT finally folded and missed. She then threw away the game. At 5-3 though, they both fought and KvittyGOAT came out on top. Overall, KvittyGOAT played fine - I was most impressed by her serving, but her focus is pretty disastrous. They asked her about it being three sets after the match and the first thing she said was that it had also been three sets with Beck in Stuttgart…*it's like she expected that . Beck didn't blow me away, but definitely has talent, stuck in some long rallies, and mentally seemed very checked in, so I see her going up for sure. I'd say the highlight of the match was KvittyGOAT's relatively good serving.
iGOAT is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote